1994 Toyota Pickup Access Cab 4x4 V6 5 speed 85k mile survivor

1994 Pickup DLX with options, 85k miles, Rust free Survivor

20210619_173740-XL.jpg

DSC_0628-XL.jpg

I took this truck as a partial trade for my FJ45 this past summer. It's a Texas truck, then went to Florida, then came to me in an enclosed trailer. It's now in my garage here in NH. I've had fun with it for the summer, but it's time to move it along to another home. Bring a Trailer is backed up and is slow walking my listing, so I thought I would see if anyone wants it here. I'd rather have it go that way anyway. Over 100 pictures are here in this smugmug link

DSC_0634-XL.jpg

DSC_0637-XL.jpg

DSC_0648-XL.jpg

DSC_0661-XL.jpg

1994 DLX 3.0 V6 5 speed.
- Tachometer, power steering, power brakes. AC. Alloy wheels Bumper. Not sure what exactly was an option with these, but it seems to have all of them.
- 85.7k miles. I've put around 1400 on the truck since I got it.
- This truck has 4.56 diffs from the factory. Huge difference in the feel of the "3 slo" motor. It keeps it in the power band nicely.
- BFG KO2 31x10.5x15s have 3k miles on them and are new from 2020.
- I added the 2" receiver hitch, husky liners
- I replaced the exhaust from the cat back as the muffler had a hole in it.
- I swapped out the transmission fluid for Redline MT90 GL4. It was obvious from the draining fluids that it had been done very recently, but since most mechanics just put GL5 80-90 in everything, I wanted to be sure the trans had what it was supposed to have. It does shift more smoothly now.

Prior owner did over $3000 in preventative maintenance on this truck. Pics of receipts below.
- Over $800 in OEM toyota parts including water pump, idler pulleys, timing belt, plugs, cap, rotor, all new radiator and heater hoses, etc.
- Over $2k in labor for the work. This truck is entirely baselined.

20211005_110014-M.jpg
20211005_110121-M.jpg

DSC_0663-XL.jpg

The interior is pristine. No rips or tears. Small stain on the carpet under the passenger seat. No dash cracks. Etc.

There is NO rust on this truck. The only spot of any kind was on the A pillar, passenger side. I took this down to bare metal, then used corroseal rust converter on the area. Pics included. No surprises. This was the only spot on the truck. All pics link here

20211017_132228-L.jpg

DSC_0710-XL.jpg

DSC_0693-XL.jpg

Starts, runs, drives perfectly. Tight, no squeaks, rattles.

Any issues?
- There is a driver side valve cover leak. I replaced it with a new OEM gasket, but it decided to leak again. I did use some FIPG on the 90 degree corners that are the usual culprit, but apparently not enough. I haven't tackled it again. It's the easy side, the intake plenum does not need to come off.
- Rear pinion seal is leaking. I have not had this repaired. I was considering keeping the truck and putting a detroit truetrac LSD in the rear, so I had delayed the seal replacement for that.
- That's it mechanically. Really.
- Paint is a 9. There a few stone chips on the passenger rear fender leading edge. 1 door ding in the bed on that side that is hard to photograph. There is a door ding on the passenger rear arch molding chrome. There is vertical ding in the front bumper just off center. Pics in the smugmug file HERE

DSC_0642-M.jpg
DSC_0639-M.jpg

I also have a set of SR5 bucket seats and the center console plastics to convert from the bench. I have a set of new OEM floor mats still in plastic. The OEM shift knob comes with it. I put the FJ60 5 speed clone on as a reminder of my now departed land cruisers. All of this stuff goes with the truck.
DSC_0746-M.jpg
DSC_0747-M.jpg

Bottom line, I believe this is the nicest example of this generation of minitruck that you will find. This is a genuine survivor and a well optioned truck. No rust. Mechanically baselined and cosmetically excellent. Very low miles. It needs a good home. Heading off to Bring a Trailer soon, so I had to pull the price down. Mods, please move over to the auction section if this is no longer ok here. I'd love to see it go to an enthusiast, and see it head out of NH before the snow flies.

Last edited:
I had the exact same truck in the same condition except it had 130K mileage. I luv’d that truck. Unfortunately it met its end after hitting ice and rolling several times on a Wyoming interstate last December. She was laying on her drivers side in the passing lane when she quit rolling. She protected me to the end, I popped my seatbelt, climbed up and out the passenger door and walked away uninjured. I’ll attach before and after photos.
4EB57F5F-B351-4764-914A-2393EF920D72.jpeg
8F817B2A-2C04-4448-B92C-50EA160D2E2B.jpeg

Hodor

Its a nice truck, but is our market really dictating 18k for a 3rd gen Toyota? Couldn't you buy one that's 15 years newer for the same price?

Its a nice truck, but is our market really dictating 18k for a 3rd gen Toyota? Couldn't you buy one that's 15 years newer for the same price?
A 2009 second Gen Tacoma in this shape and mileage is rare now, though not this rare, and would likely be more. A new one will set you back in the low 40s, if you can find one. Much more soul and classic Toyota here than a Gen 2 Taco IMO, but to each his own. The market always decides, but judging from the personal message traffic, this isn't far off the mark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle