1995 Ford Bronco, Orange County CA

kjp1969

Explorer
I've decided to sell both my truck and daily driver and get one, single-purpose replacement. Up for sale here is my 1995 bronco.

price drop: $4,000

DSC_0386.jpgDSC_0827.jpg

It's basically stock. I bought it about 6 years ago and have put 20,000 miles on it in that time. Within the first year or two I replaced the ball joints, steering links, shocks, fluids and front brakes, including calipers. I also replaced the radiator and hoses, belts and tensioner pulleys. Inside, I installed sound deadening, replaced the carpet, headliner and installed as custom center console. It has cordura seat covers over bad leather upholstery. The rear seat upholstery is also leather, but serviceable. The stereo head unit and speakers are within the last several years.

I had a custom roll cage installed in the rear, and the 3 point seat belt anchors moved from the fiberglass top to the cage. Unlike a stock Bronco, there are seatbelts for five even with the top off. That's right, a convertible.

There is a Die Hard Platinum (2 yrs old) with auxiliary fuse block which powers all aftermarket accessories, including the work light, comms, and a rear 12v receptacle for a fridge. A low voltage cutoff protects from a dead battery. The Yaesu 2m and CB work very well.

It runs very well, and it's been completely reliable during my ownership. It doesn't burn oil. It gets about 12 mpg in the city, and I've seen as good as 17 on the highway with a roof rack. The stock tank holds 32 gallons. If I weren't selling it, the only thing I would do is install 33x10.50s on the stock suspension and fix a few things. See “the bad,” below.
132,XXX miles and counting.

Stock suspension with six recent Bilstein shocks, 31x 10.50 BFG all terrains (old, but plenty of tread and serviceable)
Rear x-braced roll cage with upper seat belt mounts; interior plastic trimmed to fit.
Yaesu 2m, with antenna on tire rack; Cobra cb with Wilson 1000 through-the-roof.
Auxiliary circuit with blue sea fuse block
Sears platinum battery with marine (waterproof) low voltage cutoff
Drawers
Rear lighting- Hella matador on the tire carrier (switched at the dash) that can be used as a reverse light or work light. There is also a light-duty 12v outlet on the tire rack.
Center console with hard wired inverter. (OEM console included)
Locking spare tire storage box
Yakima roof rack rails, racks not included.
Tire carrier has a shovel mounted and LED camp light on a pole. (see photos)

The bad:
Tailgate has rust, but is repairable, or ignorable. It's covered by white tape in some of the photos.
The tailgate window is scratched.
Fuel gauge is intermittent.
Slight leak from windshield (does not affect headliner). A new windshield should fix it @ $220
Rear bumper has a wrinkle.
While the all-metal radiator is only about 5 years old, one of the upper brackets broke. I was quoted $65 for a repair, or a new radiator is around $150.
There is a very slight drip from the oil pan gasket.

More Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21554864@N03/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78