1995 FZJ80 Toyota Land cruiser with Campteq Camper Conversion

IMG_1994.jpeg

UPDATE $40K OBO

This rust free FZJ80 has had almost everything touched throughout the vehicle. It has over over $40,000 in parts and accessories alone. It was built for extensive overland trips and global travel and it comes with everything needed to do so. This vehicle is ready to drive across country or do the Pan-American Highway right now. Mechanically this vehicle runs and drives amazing despite its age or mileage. Engine and transmission only have about 100k miles since rebuild, both axles fully gone through recently. The entire camper conversion was just done in September of this year. Lots of major services and over $10,000 in preventive maintenance and parts have gone into it within the past two years. I have all receipts of work done under my ownership upon request for serious parties only. This build is over $60,000 in parts alone not including major mechanical work done. I have a full parts list with build price below.

$40k OBO Everything pictured is included. Located in Southern California. Am willing to figure out shipping and or delivery for the right offer.

Mechanical work:
-270k Miles on chassis with just over 100k miles on rebuilt engine by Camelback Toyota
-Transmission replaced at 170k also done by Camelback Toyota
-4.56 gears
-HD blue hub fan clutch
-EGR delete
-Front and Rear ARB Air lockers
-Extended diff breathers

Exterior:
-Icon 2.5” remote reservoir adjustable shocks
-Icon 2.5 front springs
-OME 2.5” heavy rear springs BRAND NEW
-OME castor correction bushings BRAND NEW
-AVN manual locking hub conversion
-Toyo AT3 285/75/17 on 17” OEM Toyota steelies with full size matching spare BRAND NEW
-ARB Deluxe Bull bar front bumper
-Warn 9.5xp winch with synthetic line
-Factory 55 Fairlead and flatlink
-LED light bar (Amazon)
-Safari Snorkel with Donaldson topspin heavy duty prefilter
-4x4 Labs dual swing out rear bumper with custom 11lb propane tank mount (comes with 2 5gal scepter gas cans, 1 5gal water)
-Dual filler neck for auxiliary tank(Does not have auxiliary tank but is fully wired for one)

Campteq conversion and interior:
-Campteq pop top
-Brand new Campteq tent
-Campteq slide out kitchen with National Luna 55l Dual zone fridge and freezer
-One-off Campteq L bench/ bed
-ARB Twin Air compressor
-7.5gal flexi tank water storage from Australia
-Tuffybox locking center console
-Atrax for custom

Electrical:
-Dual battery system with sole starting battery(secondary is charged via solar and alternator)
-CTEK charge controller
-Sunflare 126w single cell solar panel
-Rear cigarette outlet, USB charging, and battery gauge
-Front cigarette outlet and USB charging in Tuffybox

Build Price List:
  • 1995 Toyota FZJ80 270k miles triple locked $20k
  • Icon Remote Reservoir shocks, Icon springs, OME Springs, Castor bushings $4,000
  • AVN Manual Hub conversion (parts only) $300
  • 5 Toyo AT3 with Toyota steelies $2,000
  • ARB Front bumper $1,200
  • Warn 9.5xp synthetic with Factory 55 parts $2,000
  • LED light bar $50
  • Snorkel with Donaldson top spin $500
  • 4x4 labs Rear bumper with dual swing out, tire mount, 3 jerry cans, and propane $4,500
  • Campteq Poptop full roof conversion $13,000 installed
  • Campteq slide out kitchen $6,000
  • Campteq bench/ twin bed $4,000
  • ARB Twin Air compressor $500
  • Flexi tank $200 (if you can find one)
  • Tuffy Box $300
  • Dual battery system and charge controller $1000
  • Sunflare 126w solar panel $550
Total $60,100

Last edited:

fireball

Explorer
Nice 80! How does the campteq work with accessing the sleeping areas? can it be done from inside or do you setup an outside ladder?

fireball

Explorer
Both. You can access through the inside as pictured with a modular bed platform as well as from the exterior.

How does the interior access work? It is hard to tell from the photos. Is the sleeping platform a 1/3 rear, 2/3 front setup? Leave the front folded down and in place, climb up thru the 1/3 rear access then when you're up top, push the 1/3 panel back down in place?

How does the interior access work? It is hard to tell from the photos. Is the sleeping platform a 1/3 rear, 2/3 front setup? Leave the front folded down and in place, climb up thru the 1/3 rear access then when you're up top, push the 1/3 panel back down in place?
It has five pieces. There are separated in 1/4. There are 3 that go all the way across and the back two are separated in hald again so you can have the headroom and not have to move any of your bed or have someone in bed while another is down below. Very modular. If you lookup how the gofast camper bed platform works it is very similar.

Why are you having such a tough time selling this ?
I have posted it up for sale twice prior to this. I was hesitant on selling initially and decided to keep it. The second time I posted I was ready to sell but after lots of interest I decided it was best to invest some more into it to make the build more attractive. It will be posted until it is sold this time. I think it really just takes the right buyer who is looking at building something like this or similar to pull the trigger. A couple deals fallen through and quite a lot of interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan