1996 4runner expo build

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Just got tracking number for the rest of the Icon suspension and will be here tomorrow, along with my sonoran steel adjustable panhard bar. Will be starting the install once I finish up the valve cover gasket.

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Had a pretty good leak on the drivers side that I attributed to a leaking valve cover gasket. Pulled off the valve covers and was pleasantly surprised with how good it still looked for having 265,000 miles. After finding out the previous owner had rolled the odometer back I was already thinking about a replacement motor, but this one appears to have been taken care of and still runs great.
Passenger side:

Driver side:

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Does anyone know the part number for the two coolant bypass hoses that go into IAC valve? I need to replace mine and I am unable to find them anywhere.

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Finally got a chance to work on the suspension with the holidays and was able to get the passenger side all bolted up. Ran into a few issues with the install, the biggest being the ball joint adapter from Icon not seating into the spindle no matter what I tried. I ended up having to put the adapter in the freezer over night and then heated up the spindle and then dropped the frozen adapter right in without issue. The one adapter didn't work no matter what and ended up getting trashed from multiple attempts of trying to install it and then pull it out and is why I was unable to finish the drivers side. The other issue I ran into on the passenger side was that the mount for the reservoir had to be notched in order for it to fit in the holes in the frame the directions said it was supposed to mount to.

Here you can see how much I had to trip to get it to clear. I also had to drill the holes a little larger and I had to remove the washer fluid reservoir and trim the protective panel.

all finished up with new lower ball joint also.

Aznwolf118

Where did you order the braket to mount the remote resivors
Is it drilled into the frame?
It's lot cleaner than the solutions I have been thinking about.

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Was hoping to get my replacement part ordered for my icon kit so I could finish the install this weekend, but looks like they are closed until Jan 4th so will have to wait until next week to to order it.

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Got a bit side tracked with the build, but i finally got the front setup all finished and installed toyota lower ball joints, inner/outer Tre's, and 1" diff drop

I got the rear icon shocks installed along with OME 891 coils and sonoran steel adjustable track bar.

for the rear sway bar I used sway bar links from a 2nd gen 4runner which worked out perfectly and saved alot by not going with custom made ones
Old vs. new

ghostmoney

Adventurer
I also got the sonoran rear body mounts installed and so far on the short drive I did to work this morning I didnt notice the chatter from the bumper hitting the body like I constantly heard before :wings:
Now I just need to take it to get an alignment later this morning.

Loubaru

Adventurer
The end links you used, are they the front or the rear off a 2g 4runner? I need to get the same for mine and for some reason i thought you used to front ones in the rear. Don't really need discountects or anything fancy so was planning on buying the 2g ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger