1996 K1500 Build

djp73

Flares on, working on removing glue residue from the trim strips. Paint is a little rough and it's going to need some rust work on the rockers so I will probably do tan durabak when that happens.

Rear is lower than the front by about 2", need to decide/measure and figure out what to do there, probably leaning toward new ORD springs.

It's not as "squatted" as it looks in the pic, there's a significant drop off at the rear.

52766752355_6e51e1cdf8_b.jpg

thezentree

pretend redneck
When I was in high school I had a 97 Yukon and was collecting parts for a 60/14 SAS.

Turns out that's not a feasible project on a high school budget, but I love seeing these OBS trucks get refreshed and built. ESPECIALLY in a road salt state.

djp73

When I was in high school I had a 97 Yukon and was collecting parts for a 60/14 SAS.

Turns out that's not a feasible project on a high school budget, but I love seeing these OBS trucks get refreshed and built. ESPECIALLY in a road salt state.

been wanting to put a solid axle under one of these trucks for a long time.
pretty clean for the year and location, my C1500 is even better

djp73

20230623_132703.jpg
Original hood was badly faded and cracked. Got a used replacement way back and that had gotten pretty rusty, even had some holes in it. Ended up winning a raffle through my friends speed shop and used it to get the hood. Had it painted and put it on. Shiniest thing on the truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior