1996 Land Cruiser - Locked, Armored, Full Soft Top, 37s

DanKunz

Adventurer
For sale for $8000 plus shipping.

Located outside of Atlanta, GA. You simply can't get a better built truck for this money. I am looking to scale back to my 100 with a mild lift and sliders to take my family camping.

I got this cruiser in mid-2006. It had been to Cambodia and was well outfitted...but I decided to do more...much more.

• 1996 FZJ-80 with 190k. Oil changed every 3k.
• New PHH hose set, all silicone
• Magnaflow turbo catalytic converter
• Dynomax 3 chamber turbo muffler
• OEM electric locker in the front
• Aussie locker in the rear
• Warn M12000 Winch with blaze orange superline synthetic rope
• Cobra CB and cage mounted antenna
• Safari Offroad Snorkle
• 37x12.50x16 Super Swamper Irok Radials (90%)
• Longfield super set in the front axle
• Poly Performance set in the rear axle
• 4:88 Gears
• OME N73Ls
• Slee 4" front coil springs
• Slee 4" heavy rear coil springs
• OME steering damper
• 6" Slee control arms
• Toyota Style CV drive shaft front and rear
• Slee rear sway bar drop brackets
• Added heavy duty steering cooler and new lines
• Stainless steel extended brake lines
• Slee adjustable rear upper-control arms
• Slee adjustable front and rear panhard rods
• Rear 2" Bump Stop Drop Blocks
• Front 2" Bump Stop Drop Blocks
• Slee Off-Road front bumper (Modified)
• Slee Off-Road rear bumper (Modified)
• Slee Off Road Sliders (welded in place)
• PIAA Flood Lights
• XM Satellite Radio
• Clarion CD/MP3/AM/FM
• Infinity 3-ways all around
• Toyota hand throttle
• Rubberized polyethelene epoxy skin (~1/4" thick on the entire exterior)
• Custom Soft Top with top, sides, rear panels, will seal completely up and is water/rain tight
• Custom roll cage thanks to ACC!

History of the truck:

Robin bought the truck new from Toyota and decided to build it into an off roader. He called up Christo and outfitted the truck to close to the current state. He has taken it to Moab, around Texas, and most
amazing...he took it to Cambodia for two years!

Robin used the truck as the primary vehicle in working as a volunteer teacher and in the creation of a documentary to be submitted in March of 2007 in the Austin Film Festival with a title of “The Living Fields”. It is the story of the need for education for the children of the 30 year war torn country of Cambodia.
The trip started in 2005 in Penang Malaysia. Robin then drove it the length of Thailand and into Cambodia.

I purchased the truck in 2006, drove it to Atlanta, and have been wheeling it every since. I had a tree hit it a few years back and I had no choice by to chop the top and rebuild it (better of course!). Full custom cage and full custom soft top and side panels.

AC still works, passes emissions, drives at highway speed and has a clean title.

CadoTop09011.jpg

CadoTop09015.jpg

You can see the side panels on the seats. They zip into the top and have zippers in the clear panels to snap yourself in from the inside. They work great! Have been on the highway and no noise or flapping. Even keeps in the AC and heat!

CadoTop09019.jpg

CadoTop09013.jpg

speedtre

Explorer
Did you make the top yourself or did you have someone local do it? I need a custom top made for an extended cab pickup truck that has a removable hard top. Thanks.

zolo

Explorer
Did you make the top yourself or did you have someone local do it? I need a custom top made for an extended cab pickup truck that has a removable hard top. Thanks.

He had it cutom made at a local boat shop. After ACC built the cage.

Its all very well done. I was at ACC when he dropped the rig off for the cage after tree fell on it and he chopped it. All the sheet metal is finished very nice and the top is pretty cool as well.

speedtre

Explorer
He had it cutom made at a local boat shop. After ACC built the cage.

Its all very well done. I was at ACC when he dropped the rig off for the cage after tree fell on it and he chopped it. All the sheet metal is finished very nice and the top is pretty cool as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm very familiar with ACC (they did some work on my Tundra).

Cheers.

DanKunz

Adventurer
correct

Yep, I had a local boat canvas man do the top (he also did convertible tops for cars, etc). I would suspect if you looked for similar places and people you would be set.

My guy was in the Acworth area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78