1996 snow runner

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
changed my winch/winch bumper plans. i was going to run my WARN 8274 with synthetic rope, but with trying to find a bumper design i liked and could fit the massive 8274 without blocking the whole radiator. a member on another forum suggested this winch http://truckandwinch.com/tuff-stuff-12-500-lbs-premium-winch-kit.html he has been running one for a while along with a couple of his friends, and at that price i figured i couldnt beat it, im still gonna put my synthetic rope and hawse fairlead on it though.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
back to work after getting married and vacation :coffee: now its time to start some work on the runner.

picked up a blue sea fuse box and got it installed, 125A breaker below it and 2ga wires

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
i had an hour after work lastnight so i pulled my bumper off to start mock up for my winch mount. found the passenger frame horn has been bent before and that has my engine skid askew.

straight

not straight

pimpin the zip tied lights

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
for now im just making my winch mount, later i will finish the sides and actual bumper

easy way to transfer the bolt pattern from the winch to the metal

supports

first time using my dimple die (note to self, make sure dimple die is facing the right way lol)

more dimples

i only dimples 6 holes, the pieces i cut out of the 6 holes weighed .25 of a pound. not much there but you can imagine if there were more dimples how much weight would be cut.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
tonight i charged the A/C, changed the oil, and cut the rotting muffler off. i'm glad i didn't already order a muffler, everything i found online said 2 1/4" this thing has 2 1/2" on it.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
took off for the mountains today to get out of town for my birthday, went to south pass city, atlantic city, louie lake and lander. got 18MPG in the 4runner mixed highway and climbing through the mountains.

more pics on our blog

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
started working on my roof rack and didnt like how it was going so i went to plan B. i just built some mounts to mount the awning for now and ill revisted the roof rack later.

the mounts bolt into the factory "roof rack" mounting holes

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
we headed to utah today around spirit lake, sheep creek, and headed over the flaming gorge dam and took the upper sage creek trail. ended up pulling a duramax out of the mud at one of the lakes, toyota 1 duramax 0.

a little bit of elevation

stopped for lunch

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
this weekend i was going to do my front brakes and rotors, (i love how easy it is to pull the brake pads on a toyota, you dont even pull the caliper off) till i noticed my caliper on the passenger side needs replaced, so ill wait till this weekend when my cailpers show up.

But i did get my E-locker wiring kit installed

all thanks to this guy

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
ordering parts today to piece together a CO2 tank for OBA, get rid of my tank/compressor that wont go any higher than 30psi now.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
i had my small compressor/tank in a wood box i built when i had my XJ, well the compressor finally started to die (what can ya say about a $7 compressor), it would build pressure over 30#. i was looking at getting a CO2 tank setup but all the store bought ones have nice tanks and nobody around here will fill them, they just exchange them, so i wasnt going to buy a $500 powertank to turn in the nice tank. called around and nobody had a 10# tank only 5 or 15, im not planning on running air tools so i figured a 5# would work fine for me and take up less space.

went to airgas here in town and picked up a 5# tank for about $100, ordered a 150PSI fixed hi-flow regulator with quick disconnect air chuck and a mounting bracket for $105 shipped, i already had the hose and fittings so no cost there. i now have a CO2 tank setup that cost me about $205. this also gave me more room in the back of the 4runner.

old setup

new setup (i need to shorten my wires now on my inverter since i had to relocate it)

also picked this up and mounted it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman