1997 D90 Dakar Project Vehicle with 1,278 Miles

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
Here is a 1998 D90 in France, never titled & with 1,278 miles.

http://www.defender90forsale.com/

I can ad pictures when I get to a computer, or someone feel free to do it.

*This is not my vehicle, however I know the owner. With this being the ExPo community of course I would help anyone wanting to get it to the US. I believe the asking proce is a quite resionable $65,000.

A very interesting vehicle today!

Seller's Description:
1997 Defender 90 race truck. This D90 was taken off the line at Solihull early 1997 and sent to France for the project "Trophee des Gentlemen" for the Paris-Dakar 1998, the car received an external roll cage, buckets seats, front skid plate, bracing on front and rear axles and double shocks all around. After BMW bought LR the project was scrapped, so the car was sold to a Corsican dealer and my boss bought it 4 years ago, used it a bit, did few shows, had an article in 4WD lmags and that's it. The A/C was removed, it needs rear rubber mat and few bits and pieces, as you can see it still has original decals and BF-G's as well. So it's a 1997 model, 4.0L V8, auto, come with soft top and LR hard-top.

This car has never been registered and has 1278 miles on the clock. I have more photos of the VIN and the manufacturer which says that it comply with US laws and EPA and I would like to offer I would like to price it FOB port in France to make my bosses life easy, but can make any arrangements as needed to incise a buyer.*

Seller also states that the Defender is a NAS D90 and is able to be imported because it has US emissions compliance. A photo of the compliance card with emissions can be provided. Seller is actually in the US so he can also assist with delivery.

Last edited:

mongosd2

Adventurer
The roll cage is stock NAS cage...seems a little fishy, but a picture the NHTSA/DOT tag on the drivers side door would answer a lot of questions.

haven

Expedition Leader
Asking price would also help. ExPo rules require a price be included in any "for sale" post.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I also know the owner - actually, I was at his house a couple weeks ago...

It is totally legit and the vehicle is as described.

mongosd2

Adventurer
Then they need to change the ad. The cage is stock for a NAS D90, as were bucket seats, so saying they were added makes it look suspect. Also, if it doesn't have the sticker, your going to run into a bit of a hassle with the importation.

Not bashing...

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
That will make who ever's buy this life immensely easier with the importation...

And it comes with a free set of MAXTRAX.

bd89ead2.png

DividingCreek

Explorer
This truck is totally eligile for import as aserted. I have seen similar 97's with August/Sept 97 build dates that were denied entry as they were considered 98 models-despite having the same EPA/DOT compliance sticker.

I have imported three trucks from France and have found it cheaper to have the trucks transported to Southampton Uk and ship from there than shiping directly from French ports.

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
I have imported three trucks from France and have found it cheaper to have the trucks transported to Southampton Uk and ship from there than shiping directly from French ports.

Thanks for the tip, I will pass it on. There is a serious offer on the LR and I'm sure others can be accepted.

GYM

Adventurer

Interesting. VIN not in the fourfold.org NAS numerical VIN / plate list, (obviously) but a real NAS nonetheless. Wonder how many more never-imported NAS '97s are still out there? (Japanese power-windowed '98's notwithstanding)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle