1997 Dodge ram 3500 Cummins Diesel 4wd Scotty Camper - $16500 (Lind, WA)

Little Red

Adventurer
1997 Serro Scotty Highlander class C motorhome on Dodge Ram 3500 chassis 4x4 Cummins Diesel

Offered for sale is a very unique RV. Back in the early nineties the Serro Scotty travel trailer company made a few hundred of these motorhomes on the Dodge Ram 3500 chassis. Their factory burned down in 1997 making this one of the very last units ever build. What makes it even more unique is that this one has 4wd and the worlds most reliable diesel engine, a 12 valve Cummins that gets 16 - 20mpg! This is the closest thing you can get to an Earthroamer without the 100k+ price tag.

I hate to part with it as I bought this very unique Camper a year ago with intentions of restoring her to her former glory, (it does need a little TLC). But I just started my own business and don't have the time for it. Also it's parked in my shop and I need the space for a new work truck.

Camper is 25ft long, has kitchen, dinette, bathroom, overhead sleeper and rear bed. Can sleep 6 if you fold down the dinette too. Interior could use some cleaning and updating as it's still all original.

Specifications:

Dodge Ram 3500 (dually)
SLT Laramie
12v 5.9L Cummins Diesel
213k miles
4sp A/T
manual shift 4wd
Electric windows
AC
Cruise
Tilt
Dual fuel tanks (45 and 60 gallons I believe)

The good:
-Two new HD drive batteries
-Two new Trojan house batteries
-Recently changed oil , air and all fuel filters (less than 300 miles ago)
-New fuel pump and injector
-New fuel shutoff solenoid
-Tires still have 90% tread
-Low miles for a Cummins
-Runs and drives great
-Goes 70mph at only 1900rpm and gets about 17mpg

The bad:
There's a large dent/damage to the rear bumper from the previous owner backing in to something. It has a propane generator but it has't ran in a long time as the exhaust pipe broke off, but could be welded back on easily (only 11.3hrs on the generator!). Front passenger seat has chunks missing from previous owner leaving their dog in it, so does the mattress in back. I do have two new seats from a 98 Dodge but the brackets aren't the same, I'll throw it in for free if you think you can modify the brackets and use them. Could use a good cleaning. With some TLC this will be a really nice camper!

Video here:

> Located 14m south of Ritzville in Eastern WA. Asking $16500 OBO, Cash only, clean title in my name. Might consider partial trade for 36 - 40ft flatbed gooseneck trailer. Might be able to deliver for an extra fee. Serious inquiries only please.

More pictures in my craigslist add here: https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/1997-dodge-ram-3500-cummins/6740211141.html

Attachments

• IMG_9574.JPG
    IMG_9574.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 5,868
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998