1997 E450 ambulance expedition camper conversion

rwelker

I have my 1997 expedition camper conversion from a Road Rescue ambulance listed on EBAY. Buy it now price of 35,000.00. All the amenities of a full motorhome only in a compact package. An excellent candidate for a 4x4 conversion. Any questions please ask; please view the posting as I was unable to upload pictures here. Email me at: rwelker1954@yahoo.com

Up for sale is this 1997 Ford E450 Super Duty which originally was a $150,000.00+ Road Rescue Ambulance which I bought from the EMS company that I work for. It was meticulously maintained prior to and since I have acquired it. It had 134,600 miles on it as an ambulance and I have put about 16,000 miles on it since. It has never been crashed but did meet with a deer which required a headlight and hood replacement prior to me getting it. It had all new shocks at 134,000 and new commercial BF Goodrich tires as well. New brakes were installed along with new rotors at 134,000. It has been regeared with a 4:10 ratio to make highway and interstate travel easy. It will hold 75mph all day. It is powered by the 7.3 powerstroke engine. During a 6300 mile trip to Arizona last year it dropped less than ½ quart of oil. Rotella T6 full synthetic has been used. The Road Rescue 14’ box is in excellent shape as is the chassis.
So here’s the cool part: I spent almost 3 years gutting this and converting it to a small motorhome. No fiberglass here- 1/8 inch aluminum walls and entire aluminum structure. Walk on roof. No rust ever. Stainless hinges and hardware. Welded aluminum cabinets throughout and walls/counter covered in Formica. (you can clean it with anything) No rattles or screws working loose. Collision certified by the US government built to KKK Federal ambulance standards.
Here’s how it’s equipped:
30 gallon fresh water tank
21+7 gallon grey water tank
9 gallon black water tank
Atwood marine water heater works on 110 and heated by engine
Amana 2 burner resessed stove top (propane)
Range hood outside vented with light
Stainless steel sink
Webasto diesel fired cabin heater
Coleman Mach 13,500 btu 110 roof top A/C
Front and rear chassis heat/AC (very cold; no leaks)
1000 watt pure sine inverter
On board battery charger
(2) Group 31 house batteries; (1) group 65 and (1) group 31 chassis batteries
LED ceiling lights; LED under cabinet light
Shower with light and fan; convertible to an outside shower by opening door.
Thetford toilet

Sofa folds out to queen bed and air mattress which has a maintain pump (no half flat at 3 am)
Abundant interior storage with closet (hanging); 48 inch wall mirror for the Mrs.
Pull out pantry
Multiple 110 outlets work from inverter or shore power
Outside outlet
RV propane tank frame mounted 9 gallon with remote high pressure outlet for camp stove; etc
On board air compressor
Nova-Kool 12/110 volt marine with 2 door top refrigerator and bottom freezer.
Crank up TV antenna with booster-works great
Added 12 volt and 110 outlets in cab area
CB radio
Outside flood lights left, right, and rear.
Custom made receiver mount generator/spare tire mount and spare included. Provisions for bike rack.
12000 lb rated class IV hitch
Outside water inlet and 30 amp shoreline.
Microwave
Full synthetic lubricants throughout drivetrain.
Edge gauge package will be included if it meets my reserve.
Ebay would only allow me to upload 24 photos; I have many more of outside compartments and some more of the interior; please message me and I will send them to you. If you wish I can provide a video as well.
So, you ask, why are we selling? We did the trip out west last year and now have the bug to possibly full time. So we are looking for a Class A pusher to live out of. This unit would be perfect for that trip to Alaska or to take an extended vacation. It drives as easily as a car or pickup and will be extremely durable due to its construction. It is fully self contained and with a generator on the mount (not included) you would have AC as well.
ng on EBAY.

Attachments

• DSC09305.jpg
    DSC09305.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 647

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears