1997 Ford E-150 to Monster

jozeeparrish

Well I will start off by telling you I did not build this van, my dad did. But he is not a fan of forums yet so I will show you an "As-Built" build up. I dont have all of the pictures of the van currently but we do have about 1,000 pix of it..Right now this is the oldest picture of the van that I have..

44VAN004.jpg

Another thing that you may have not been able to see is the epic hitch.

44VAN039.jpg

Thats right Massive..hands down one of the most overbuilt hitches I have ever seen. Their are 5 reciever points on the hitch.

44VAN038.jpg

And I can throw some of the hood scoop pictures. Now this is one of the things that I did.

44VAN105.jpg

44VAN107.jpg

44VAN111.jpg

44VAN110.jpg

44VAN112.jpg

Now here is a little backside love of the suspension with the old 44's on it.

44VAN020.jpg

44VAN021.jpg

44VAN007.jpg

A good old front shot also with the 44's (my favorite)
44VAN026.jpg

44VAN014.jpg

Dads an old school Vanner 2%..haha but he takes his van to van-in's here in ohio, he showed up to the first one after getting it on the road and got to park next to the only other air ride van. his all up theirs all down..
44VAN043.jpg

44VAN044.jpg

44VAN047.jpg

As you can tell the bumper/ flares have been moded the most up front I am thinking he has had 5-6 different bumpers on it.
44VAN143.jpg

And a little plug for our junkyard.. If you have an Econoline we have parts for you. 614-882-0777
DADS%20CAMERA%20098.JPG

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Sweet. So do you guys have a good variety of E series there? Not many yards do, so this is good news!

Loopie

Adventurer
Holy 8lb 6oz baby Jesus that's ridiculous/awesome!
Is there a more awesome tire in the world than a 44" Gumbo? I don't think so...lol...CLASSIC!

jozeeparrish

Ya know the bad thing is that those were not the best looking tires on it 44" hawgs.. I will have to post some with them on the van also..only downside is they are from 1985 but they were the first tires on it..

spencyg

This Space For Rent
What did you source those fender flares from? I wasn't aware that flares of any consequence were available for any Econoline vans. That van looks really interesting with the air out of the bags. Can you drive it with air out of the bags? The tires look like they might interfere with the sheetmetal up front.

Nice work on the hood...

journey

Observer
How much longer is the wheelbase now? I'm assuming the front axle is mounted to move the tires forward of stock and the rear axle is moved to the rear to allow cutting of the fenders for clearance. How is the rear axle moved?

Stavi

Well I will start off by telling you I did not build this van, my dad did. But he is not a fan of forums yet so I will show you an "As-Built" build up. I dont have all of the pictures of the van currently but we do have about 1,000 pix of it..Right now this is the oldest picture of the van that I have..

Well, I will start off by telling you that I found this thread by doing a Google image search, and this is the reason I joined this forum. :) Thanks for sharing these build pics.

Stavi

What did you source those fender flares from? I wasn't aware that flares of any consequence were available for any Econoline vans. That van looks really interesting with the air out of the bags. Can you drive it with air out of the bags? The tires look like they might interfere with the sheetmetal up front.

Nice work on the hood...

I'm also looking for those flares for my van, does anyone know where to get them?

jozeeparrish

I'm also looking for those flares for my van, does anyone know where to get them?

You can order them from bushwacker...? But ours are from a SuperDuty truck. Beat to fit Paint to Match style.. Ok more like cut, weld, grind, fabricate, beat again and then paint. but if your working on a van you probably already know that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears