1997 Ford F-250 7.3 power stroke Bimobil Camper $22,500

bsullivan

1997 7.3 F250 Diesel with bolt on Bimobil truck camper. 235000 miles. Truck runs great and has been regularly serviced. Camper is a Bimobil from Germany bolted to the frame. Truma hot water heater 4 solar panels on roof. Propex propane heat with thermostat. 30 gallon water tank. Shower, propane stove. Dinette converts to bed. Thermal windows. Solid wood cabinets. Foam core insulation with aluminum skin. Stays super warm in winter. Dometic fridge. Solar panels with bluesky controller. 3000 watt inverter. Bluetooth stereo in camper. $22,500 OBO Dm for more information if interested.

Located in Asheville NC.

- 7.3 powerstroke

- Truck Camper

- 4x4

Attachments

• IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,320
  • IMG_1219.jpeg
    IMG_1219.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1,291
  • IMG_1222.jpeg
    IMG_1222.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG_1221.jpeg
    IMG_1221.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,217
  • IMG_1241.jpeg
    IMG_1241.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,201
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,195
  • IMG_1228.jpeg
    IMG_1228.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,330

bsullivan

Yeah it’s a pretty cool story someone working in German in a US bought it new and shipped it over to have that camper put on and toured around Europe in it. The founder of Holden snowboards then bought it and shipped it back. We bought it from one of Paris Hiltons friend and her boyfriend Foster who wrote home is where you park it.

84FLH

Very nice and on my side of the country, too!

What year of manufacture and model number is on the camper data plate? Is the 7.3 motor all stock? What kind of gas mileage do you get with the camper on?

84FLH

Wonder if it's been sold.

Seller hasn't yet answered my January 11 questions (see above) and hasn't responded to my DM.

It's my understanding the mid 90's F250 frame has significant flex. Have seen videos showing same and it's really surprising to see the flex. Being as this Bimobil camper is bolted directly to the frame, how much has frame flex over the years contributed to camper seams opening up, water intrusion, squeaks, and general loss of structural rigidity/integrity in the camper?

84FLH

This unit checked 90% of the boxes on my wish list for long term (6 mos - 1 year) travel/residence. The price was astounding for what was offered. And so I was quite interested and eager to communicate with the seller.

Per his instructions in original post, on Jan 20 I DM'd seller with questions. That was after posting questions openly, here, on Jan 11; five days after original ad appeared. I'd not sufficiently read the original post to see the "DM me for questions" part. Soon as I saw that, I DM'd.

Seller never responded to DM or open post. As days turned into weeks, it made me wary that he wouldn't answer questions about how camper was attached to frame, and if he had any camper issues arising from frame flex over the years.

The Bimobil website shows their own mfg flatbed for mounting these campers. It's a quick connect/disconnect sort of thing that's amazing in simplicity, yet looks sufficiently strong for the purpose. IIRC, the Bimobil bed is engineered to accomodate and/or mitigate frame flex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78