1997 FZJ80 CE, lockers, 160k, built (SoCal)

sdnative

Adventurer
At this stage in my life with longer trips planned and a growing family a 100-series makes more sense. I was interested in a straight across trade, but realize the person interested in my truck probably wouldn't have a 100 to trade and vice-verse so it may be easier to just sell mine and buy a 100.

1997 Land Cruiser Collector's Edition
Black / Tan
159xxx miles
Factory Lockers
Axles re-geared to 4.88
Slee part time kit (original full time parts included)
Sean Rear Bumper with tire carrier/ fuel can basket (see below)
Extra factory front bumper
Hanna Quality sliders
Slee xfer case skid
Frontrunner Slimline II roof rack (brand new)
Dual Batteries (AGM)
Toyota 2.2kW starter (completely rebuilt)
Extra 2.2kW starter
Toyota 150A alternator with Photoman bracket (underdrive pulley included but not installed)
Toyo AT2 Extreme 295/75R16 (x5) on factory anniversary wheels
Additional anniversary wheel (#6) with Nitto TG 285/75R16 tire
Yaesu FT-8800R ham radio
Yaesu FT-1500M backup ham radio (setup for APRS with Byonics TT4)
Uniden CB
Scan Gauge II
Slee in dash cup holder
Rover console cup holder
OEM hand throttle
OEM CDL button
Panavise dash mount bracket (not installed)
Tuff Duck tan seat covers (fronts only)
Weatherguard aluminum lockable cargo chest
OME 850 / 863 suspension (Slee SOF2RF currently installed, will be swapped back to the 863s before sale)
Caster plates (Landtank I believe)
Adjustable front panhard rod
Swaybar drop brackets
Extended brake lines
Engine wiring harness next to EGR wrapped with heat resistant material (fixes potential failure point)
Blue Sea power distribution
Slee windshield washer bottle relocation kit
Yellow Box v5 speedometer calibrator

Significant Maintenance:
Head Gasket done
Replacement OEM radiator
PHH recent
New rear brakes (new OEM rotors and pads)
Front axle rebuild
New cat-back exhaust by Ed Hansen (quiet!)
New belts, hoses, thermostat, coolant flush, etc recent
Complete replacement of all fluids 12k miles ago with engine oil and coolant replaced more recently
I also have a folder full of receipts from myself and previous owner.

Issues:
The fuel can basket was bumped in a very minor collision (~5mph), and tweaked the DS spindle a tad and pushed the basket in a little. It did barely contact the rear hatch, cracking the emblem and causing a small crease. Really hard to show in pictures. The basket swingout still works, but it's not smooth and the bearings are probably broken. The rest of the bumper is undamaged.
Front wheel bearings could be a hair tighter. My mechanic said it wasn't worth the effort to do it right away, just wait until the next brake job.
No D light

I have owned this truck for close to 4 years and have put 15k miles on it in that time. It has been a great truck with no issues. It has been garage kept. Paint is in good shape, but has some light pinstripping typical of socal mountain brush. Flares have a little bit of oxidation. It has been washed/waxed and leather conditioned on a regular basis. The DS seat has some cracking in the leather (other seats and dash/door panels are in good shape).

More of a long shot, but I would be willing to trade (either straight across or with cash +/-) for a 100 series. Ideally I am looking for something along these lines:

2003-2004 Land Cruiser or LX470
Stock, but will consider some mods such as armor, dual batteries, drawers, etc.
lighter color
No AHC
Good maintenance with records (including timing belt a plus)

will also consider a 1998-2002 depending on price and condition.

Please see my build thread linked below for additional details and pictures. PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER UP THE BUILD THREAD with questions regarding sale or trade. Please post those here. Let me know if you need pictures of specific areas or more info. Thanks!

IMG_1923.jpg

DSC_6098.jpg

9J4G8574.jpg

DSC_4905.jpg

DSC_67171.jpg

Last edited:

sdnative

Adventurer
Sorry about the text being bunched together. It is formatted correctly when I edit it but doesn't work properly when saved.

sdnative

Adventurer
Would consider partial trade for a cheap pickup truck, commuter car or inexpensive stock or near stock 80 that the wife can drive.

Also, I can sell some stuff of the included parts or accessories separately and adjust the price accordingly to meet a buyer's price point. I'm pretty flexible.

Last edited:

sdnative

Adventurer
Just curious why you removed the front bumper?

I assume you mean the ARB in the build thread? It wasn't a winch-ready model (winch was in the plans), so I sold it to fund other things. Never did end up getting the bumper and winch.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
NICE looking 80! Wish I could take it off your hands...but I'll certainly wish you luck with the sale/trade!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears