1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 - Cape Coral, FL

winterhk

Sold

1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
VIN: JT3HN86R5V0082831
169,XXX miles
Cape Coral, FL

I bought this car with 153k miles in December, 2011 (from the original owner) to get me through grad school. Now that I’m back to work, it’s time for me to move on and pass this great vehicle along to her next owner. It has been well maintained and completely trouble free. It has a clear FL title, four wheel drive, automatic transmission, power windows (including rear hatch window), power door locks, leather seats, cold A/C, ABS, cruise control, roof rack, tow package with brake controller, Husky rear cargo protector, rubber floor mats and keyless entry/alarm. Chrome running boards are included, but not currently installed. Everything works as it should.

This is a really nice, reliable package. The 3.4L V6 gets 17-21 mpg around town. On road trips, you can do significantly better. It’s been garaged its entire life and it shows. It was dealer maintained with very detailed records by the original owner. All records will be included with the car. Since I purchased it, I have performed oil, filter, air filter and driveline greasing services myself every 3-5k miles with 5w30 synthetic blend. All recalls and known weaknesses have been addressed. Highlights include: timing belt/water pump replacement, rear springs replaced with 99 Highlander springs and AirLift 1000 airbags, and the B&M transmission bypass cooler (to avoid the dreaded pink milkshake). All you’ll need to do is oil, brake pad and tire changes for the next 60,000 miles.

The bad: as you can see in the pictures, there are various bumps, scratches and stains to be expected of a car of this age. There are some small rust spots on the front and rear bumpers (very common). There is a weather strip repair on the driver door. There is a repair patch on the driver seat. The tires will need to be replaced in the next 10k miles.

Overall, this is a reliable, economical, and safe car. I’d drive this car anywhere without hesitation. If you have questions or would like to check it out, please don’t hesitate. I’m more than happy to oblige. I'm giving this a few days on the forums before Craigslist.

$5k. Sorry, I’m not interested in trades. I'm more than happy to assist with a fly/drive and I'll take you to the beach on my boat before you head out.

An excessive amount of pics can be found HERE. Highlights below...

i-BQ3Njjc-L.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman