1998 12v cummins for sale

c7train

Observer
I have a 1998 Dodge 2500 short bed quad cab with a 12v cummins engine in it I need to sell. The truck has been well maintained since new, I'm the second owner and have continued this trend. I recently did the KDP fix, new brakes, ball joints, track bar, control arms, new front axle, transfer case, front drive shaft, etc. and had the valves adjusted with new gasket. The truck is an auto and still has the factory transmission at 246k, it's starting to slip if heavy throttle is applied, but for normal driving I never have an issue, BUT I'll toss in a perfectly operating transmission with the sale of the truck, as well as a new front end kit (ball joints etc) so when the current setup is done someone can be all set. The truck has one small rip in the driver's seat from wear, outside of that the interior has faired well. No cracks in the dash, and the other seats are in nice shape. I mean it's not perfect but it's in good shape for what it is. A lady hit me in January and it has had a new fender, bumper, driver's door all done professionally and looks great. Title is clean and ready to go. For inquiries please email c7frontiero@gmail.com, pm on the forum, or use 307-267-0549 to call or text. I'm thinking 9k range for price, but this is just a starting place. I know nice trucks sell for much more, but 9k is fair form what I've seen in the market for these truck right now. I'm not looking to gouge anyone so if you're interested or would like pics let me know!

Thanks
C

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
If it were a manual trans I would be on a plane already, the quad cab 12 valve setup is almost impossible to find as they were 1998 only I believe.

c7train

Observer
I used to think I'd have wanted the manual, but I don't mind the auto too much at all, people give these autos a bad rap, but this one has lasted for 246,000 miles. If I were keeping it I'd probably just drive it until it quit then drop in the other one sitting in the garage, which will come with the truck of course. And yes, the 98 Quad cab short bed was only made with a 12v for a little under 6 months from what I have read.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I used to think I'd have wanted the manual, but I don't mind the auto too much at all, people give these autos a bad rap, but this one has lasted for 246,000 miles. If I were keeping it I'd probably just drive it until it quit then drop in the other one sitting in the garage, which will come with the truck of course. And yes, the 98 Quad cab short bed was only made with a 12v for a little under 6 months from what I have read.

For me a manual offers more control when towing through our mountains and makes it far easier to control the load behind you when braking.

c7train

Observer
Jeep-n-montero, I can see that, the tow-haul mode does an okay job, and other than that I just shift it manually if towing seems to work good, but I see what you're saying.

c7train

Observer
I'm in Wyoming. Truck has sold pending pickup. I will notify when sale is final or if anything changes.

Best,
C.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12