1998 Montero Fender Flares

CJ3B

Observer
Hello Gents!

I have a 1998 Montero, in excellent conditions, that I have owned since new.

This is now my weekend rig, since the company I work for has provided me with a car, and it is now relegated to weekend duty.

I have started to work on details that needed to be taken care of, and I am basically complete.... now it is time for the extra goody stuff.

I am looking for fender flares that attach to the wheel wells... any idea on where to purchase these? I have searched the internet, but have had no luck on finding these.

Will upload later some pics of the truck...

Thanks!

Jorge

Last edited:

JamesW

Adventurer
The guys in Iceland do them,but you'd have to sell your soul to pay for them! Best pic I could find after a quick google

img_2412-500x375.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Due to the somewhat odd shape of the fenders there are very few options, why do you feel you need flares when they are already fairly wide?

CJ3B

Observer
My truck is the regular Montero... not the SR-type with the wide factory panel flares.

All I am looking for is the small flare that attaches to the wheelarch, similar to what the MOntero Sport has... plastic/fiberglass flare.

I don't know if I explained clearly what I am looking for...

Thanks!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
My truck is the regular Montero... not the SR-type with the wide factory panel flares.

All I am looking for is the small flare that attaches to the wheelarch, similar to what the MOntero Sport has... plastic/fiberglass flare.

I don't know if I explained clearly what I am looking for...

Thanks!

Yes, your Montero looks like this.

Attachments

• WP_000668.jpg
    WP_000668.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 27

mapper

Explorer
Sounds as though CJ3B may have a 98 from another part of the world where the "blister" fenders were not used in every trim. I could be wrong about that but I'm quite sure I've seen references of 97-2000 models elsewhere that retained standard gen 2 bodywork. I believe there are even some of those trucks in the U.S. via Puerto Rico.

That blister fendered truck with additional flares was pretty cool.

CJ3B

Observer
Sounds as though CJ3B may have a 98 from another part of the world where the "blister" fenders were not used in every trim. I could be wrong about that but I'm quite sure I've seen references of 97-2000 models elsewhere that retained standard gen 2 bodywork. I believe there are even some of those trucks in the U.S. via Puerto Rico.

That blister fendered truck with additional flares was pretty cool.

That is correct, my truck does NOT have the blister fenders... I am in Puerto Rico, and there were 3 models... the "Plain Jane", the LS and the SR (The SR was the one with the "blister" fenders) on the 2nd generations that were imported in PR.

CJ3B

Observer
This is my truck... sorry for the late post. As you can see, great conditions, all around. Now it has black rims, since the clear was bad, and had some aluminum corrosion.

1998 Montero.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
If he can find one there. And buying one here to ship to PR probably won't be cheap.
I know you can get fiberglass flares for a gen 1 from Malaysia via ebay. Try Rexypow on ebay if he has them fro your gen 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears