1998 toyota Tacoma Extra Cab - Prescott, AZ.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
As of this morning the Taco has been retired and desticker'd! We picked up our Catus Red 2009 Power Wagon!

Sooooooo, the Taco needs to go to a good home where it will be used properly!

Mark

Congrats on the new truck!

Some one buy this Tacoma! It is a great truck and ready to hit the trails.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
To answer a few questions:

I consistently get 16 to 17 MPG in town, 18 to 20 on the Hwy. I carried about 500 Lbs of gear - without it, it should do better. The Yakima rack substantially decreases mileage.

I purchased the truck in June of 2005 from a dealer in Chandler, AZ. He had sold it to the original owner, and had taken it in trade on a new Taco. When I bought it, it had just turned 60000.

The truck has the TRD rear locker, no front locker. I've broken too many parts on other trucks that had MUCH bigger axles and R&P to have a locker on 7.5" ring gear. The truck goes pretty well without one, the exception being deep snow. There is 12+ inches of clearance under the front skid, but when the snow gets to deep it acts like a ramp and I loose traction.

The dent at the cab/bed is a high lift dent, the d'side slider hit hard enough to dent the door sill - the door fit was not effected. The Yaesu FT-7800 detachable face plate is mounted above the CB, the Lowrance 3500C is behind the shifter under it's cover. The Blue Orbital battery runs the winch and other accessories, the winch controller is directly below it. The Yellow Orbital is the starting battery. The SurePower Isolator is mounted above the starting battery. The sway bar and shovel are in the bed, the bag behind the seat contains extra belts and hoses, the box is the spare alternator, and the spare CV is also back there. The 25' 5/16 dia winch line extension is also in the back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle