1999 Chevy Suburban Rear Barn door Help!

Hello Everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster

I'm building a 1999 Chevy Suburban C1500 and I need your help.
I am having trouble with the rear barn doors, For some reason they won't lock. I thought it was the actuator so I took the panel off and inspected it, and it looked like it was though a war. So I replaced it with a new one, Still nothing, So I took some sand paper to the door contacts and got them nice and shiny and still nothing....

That's where you guys come in!

What should I do next?

Get new contact switches?

Please help me because I really don't know what else to do

Thanks,
PA

Flyboat

Observer
I would see if there is power at the contact switches. I have a 96 and the door locks are a little different from a 99. My wife's 99 had some sort of delay circuit on the rear doors. Oh btw the door has to be shut to lock it, contacts don't contact otherwise.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Start checking all the ground connections. Corrosion issues could easily be interrupting the electrical path.

I would see if there is power at the contact switches. I have a 96 and the door locks are a little different from a 99. My wife's 99 had some sort of delay circuit on the rear doors. Oh btw the door has to be shut to lock it, contacts don't contact otherwise.

I tested the wires that are leading to the rear doors, The wires on the truck side of the contact switch have power when I use the locks. So I then super polished the contact switches and shut both doors and tested the door wires and they have no power when I hit the power door lock switches?

So do you think the contact switches are bad?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears