1999 GMC Yukon Build

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Since last summer, haven't done much other than drive it occasionally (got a new daily driver) and do some repairs and maintenance. I am getting a new front bumper soon and hopefully a new rear bumper in the next year (the company I want to buy my rear bumper from has yet to design it, but it's coming) and maybe a real locker in the rear... The gov-lock is worthless on the trail.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Super clean Tahoe dude, i really dig how minimal the lift is for a solid axle swapped truck. very similar to what I'm trying to achieve with my rig. what size tires are you running?

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Thanks, she's my baby.

It's really a bit taller than I want it to be, but it's not going to get any lower than it is without a lot of work on the frame. But it does the job. Currently I'm running 295/70-17 tires, and I'm going to step up to a true 35" tire when these wear out, mostly because I hit the diffs a lot on rocks on difficult trails, and it's getting really annoying.

I'm with you on the height. I'm thinking about running radius arms and like 8 inch travel coilovers. I think that's the only way to get any lower

noJeepshere

Adventurer
If I were to do it all over again, I'd use either a Ford or Ram setup or figure out a 4 link and coilover setup. Leafs don't provide enough anti-wrap control for stuff like sand and the like.

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Replaced the airbag modules with a good drivers airbag and a cubby on the passenger side. Then I flexed it to measure for new shocks.
3f1a3520868c4b647b168bee70fa9c60.jpg
2100568cb888fa9d9e2340b28e8f4008.jpg

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Yup, I went back and forth between choosing 4.10's or 4.56's, as one had one gear and the other the other gear. I'm very glad I chose the lower gears. I'm currently running 33's, but when these wear out I'll put on a set of 35's.

mjmck

Observer
Any updates? Real nice vehicle. I had a 97 at one point. Was more a highway cruiser though. I loved it, but I sold it when I picked up a Diesel truck I enjoyed more. MPG was the biggest killer in high school.

ZmQmof5.jpg

2trackr

noJeep, i apologies if i missed it, but what D60 did you use? I know its a kingpin ford, what year did it come out of? Thanks!

noJeepshere

Adventurer
noJeep, i apologies if i missed it, but what D60 did you use? I know its a kingpin ford, what year did it come out of? Thanks!
No worries. The axle came out of an 88 F-350 I think, I'm not entirely certain as the axle came to me already taken out of the truck. It's a kingpin axle without abs.

noJeepshere

Adventurer
There are a few updates:

(Copied from another site)

Got the ARB (courtesy of Russell) installed today. I need to readjust it a bit, but dang does it look good! Tomorrow I will install the lights and it'll be good to go.
1871d4ffdf91328f883303723975fa43.jpg

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Went to Moab back in September, did the Golden Crack, scratched some body panels, toasted an engine mount, and generally had fun.
23944e4592869d820f00326df5bb78be.jpg
7924e295d560560c68423b8d23ea7aea.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior