1999 Jeep XJ Off-Road / Expedition / Overland Build

Kush

Picked up this '99 XJ last week. 140,000 miles, bone stock, rust free, and a 5-speed. Looks to be in good shape, the prior owner took very good care of it.

IMAGE GOES HERE - I'm getting a "you are not allowed to post links" error? How do I post photos?

My aim is to build a capable well-rounded off-road vehicle. Something suitable for both trail work and multi-day exploration / camping trips. The goal is to be light enough for day trips, but also have the ability to be self-sustaining for week-long journeys. And of course, the capability to traverse many types of terrain.

A few days ago I mounted a set of Cooper Discoverer SST tires on steelies and got them set up on the Jeep, along with a budget 2" lift just to get the tires to fit for now:

ANOTHER IMAGE

And of course, I had to go get dirty:

ANOTHER IMAGE

ANOTHER IMAGE

Probably the dirtiest this Jeep has ever been.

Now I'm waiting on a set of HD springs front and rear, and front/rear tow bumpers. That will give me some good tow points and a place to mount my winch. I'll also trim my fenders and install new fender flares to help increase tire clearance. Still more to do after that, but that'll at least allow me go out on the trails and maybe even go camping for a weekend.

ANOTHER IMAGE

On another note, anyone know how to change my username? I just used my current one to get registered but would like to change it to something more Jeep related.

Also, for some reason I can't post images - says I'm not allowed to post links? I tried with and without the IMG tag. Also tried uploading through the forum, but that doesn't work either.

Last edited:

Kush

Anyone have ideas on the photo situation? Would love to post pictures! Doesn't work for me though :squint:

Jeeper4life

Adventurer
Only thing I can think of is maybe your post count isn't high enough. But I really don't know.

I'm digging your jeep is a 5 speed though!

Overland History

Wanderluster
When replying to a post, click "manage attachments" and in the top right corner click "Add Files". Select the photo you want and at the bottom right, click "insert inline" to insert the image where you want.

Hope this helps...image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger