1st Gen Tundra Cab

775tundra

Explorer
Does anyone know if the 1st Gen Tundra has two layers of metal above the headliner? I want to install my gun rack but don't want to drill all the way through the cab. If it has 2 layers then I will just use small self tapping screws. Any help?

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
Yes and no- the skin is a single layer. There are plenty of supports up there though, you could drill into. You'd have to get the headliner down to know exactly where. If you wanted something really serious, you could through-bolt from the top in the rain channels- just make sure you seal it up well.

775tundra

Explorer
Yes and no- the skin is a single layer. There are plenty of supports up there though, you could drill into. You'd have to get the headliner down to know exactly where. If you wanted something really serious, you could through-bolt from the top in the rain channels- just make sure you seal it up well.

The only brace I can think of goes across the cab roof right where the overhead light goes

Yeah I won't be drilling through the cab. I'll have to think of some other ideas on how to mount it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78