1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

Foxpedition

I went through most of those pictures. I love Big Bear and the surrounding areas. I go out to the trails in crab flats sometimes. I'd love to go out with some of these groups like TTORA but from the looks of their pictures, they do a lot of "rock crawling" and I'm not into that at all.

Sr5trd99

Adventurer
I went through most of those pictures. I love Big Bear and the surrounding areas. I go out to the trails in crab flats sometimes. I'd love to go out with some of these groups like TTORA but from the looks of their pictures, they do a lot of "rock crawling" and I'm not into that at all.

Hey Fox,

The TTORA group is open to all rigs from stock prerunners to highly modified 4x4s. Normally on these outings they split up the group into various difficulty levels ranging from Hard, medium, to light. If you're not into the rock crawling thing there are always the nice scenic trails that might be more to your liking.

Here's their next trip

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191227

You should check them out.

Kevin

Foxpedition

I'm up for something like that. When I go out wheeling and approach a boulder, I don't think "let's see if I can go over that thing without rolling over". I'll only get over the roughest stuff I have to get to my destination. I guess that makes my truck more of a expedition or rough country camping rig.

Buniq

I was hunting around for an unmolested 1st gen 4Runner for a lil over a year now .. Picked this one up 2-1-13

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was going to say "Nice!" but its an auto. Not a turbo one either??

Its the twin little brother to my old 4Runner. Looks like a good truck to build up!

Toyotero

Explorer
She's a beaut. 88 or 89?

Those are the best seats Toyota ever made, IMHO.

I dig vent windows :) Especially with the electric windows, nice.

There are a lot of fans of the autotrans, mostly for offroad in lieu of crawler gears... they are a bit anemic other wise although reliable.... and of course convenient in traffic while holding a latte and talking on the phone. :p

Buniq

She's an 87 with 200k miles. It's auto but I ain't mad at her .. Gonna spray her with new spruce mica Tacoma paint code and slap on fj TRD anthracites. Plastidip all the chrome and custom fabricate some tubular bumpers

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
It's a beaut even with the auto.

Are you sure you want to change the looks? When you land a clean original like that, you might regret not keeping it looking original. Some of those changes are hard to reverse. The metallic gray with original graphics and period-correct wheels look great! I'd just remove the bug deflector and steps and give it a coat of wax (if it hasn't received one already). You've got a nice "time machine" there. Someone's obviously put a lot of effort into keeping it clean and stock. Grow out your hair, put some Guns N Roses in the tape deck, and enjoy!

Oh, and Cruzn, I'm liking the gray steels and mini-mudders!

Eric

Last edited:

cmayer

894runner5_zpsdca4cfc9.jpg

894runner_zps5c1e8e4f.jpg

Buniq

Well, I really do like that Tacoma spruce green mica paint. I guess I could just plastidip the chrome and add fj wheels/tires. Bullbar and that might just be the end of it. I don't even do any real offroading ... Just liked the idea of a vintage 4cyl 4x4. I lucked out with this one owner, pampered truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman