1st mod - ARB bumper

Cackalak Han

Explorer
So the wife took the 100 today and managed to scuff up the from bumper and a little bit of the fender. Looks like we're "forced" to replace it and since OEM and ARB are about the same price, we'll be going ARB. :D I'm going to have her take it more often and maybe I'll end up with a full-on armor package!

762c6126.jpg

smokey

I'm looking at a bumper also... same reasons. Have you looked at the new slee bumper the blueberry? Same price, but better approach angles and it's supposed to be stronger.

gearguywb

Explorer
I'm looking at a bumper also... same reasons. Have you looked at the new slee bumper the blueberry? Same price, but better approach angles and it's supposed to be stronger.

A pretty fair difference between the ARB winch bumper and the Slee. If memory serves, around $300

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
The ARB is airbag approved and gives a larger area of protection for more than $430 less from us, if the family safety is a big concern (and it usually is). Give me a call when you are ready, I'll be happy to get you the best pricing and no sales tax. The higher approach angle is a great feature if you are rock crawling, but thats not a duty many 100 series owners have in mind unless the damage is far worse than just a bumper. The ARB gives you more protection with the full bull bar against deer on the road, a shopping cart at the mall, and zombies when the time comes!

Last edited:

smokey

good point about the airbag approval. And if the ARB truly provides more protection, I guess that's the way to go.

Cackalak Han

Explorer

Just checked and the Slee is $1,400

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/bumpers/front_bumpers_100series.htm

And ARB can be had for less than $1,000

http://www.4by4connection.com/tolacrarbbu.html

Slee is awesome, but for me, not worth the extra 40%.

I'll be contacting Cruiser Outfit as soon as the finance committee approves.

Thanks, RocKrawler - CruiserOutfitter is local to me, but appreciate the offer. I'll contact you if for some reason they can't come through. :D

Last edited:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
You know, that might not be the only damage.

That looks like a nasty scuff - may need a new suspension too. And a safety snorkel. Think of the children.

If your spouse only knew the consequences of that fender bender... thank goodness she survived!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I know Slee makes a nice product, but IMO the ARB is a Far better looking bumper. I can personaly attest to their strength and ability to wipe out a Kangaroo and not have a dent to show for it... I'd go ARB.

Cheers

Dave

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks, RocKrawler - CruiserOutfitter is local to me, but appreciate the offer. I'll contact you if for some reason they can't come through. :D

No problem, I'm here to help anytime! Use my pricing on 4x4Connection as a reference and see if you can get a better deal or at least a price match. If not, I can drop ship it direct from ARB and have it cheaper shipped to your door than buying it picked up there locally, and since you are not in my state you also pay no sales tax :victory:

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
So what's an "Airbag Approved" bumper?

One that your mother-in-law thinks is good?:elkgrin:

As far as I track, it's a bumber designed to allow modern airbag systems to still work properly once installed. I'm not sure what federal or commercial certification they have to go through to get that rating.

mph

Expedition Leader
I bought the ARB because I wanted the extra protection with the bars. I think the slee one is clean and sleek. Kurt will set you up!

latinoguy

Adventurer
search in mud chat, about a story where a mud member got into a collision with a cow, (ARB front bumper) and won. Without one it could have turned ugly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears