2 Adults, 5 Kids, Every Country in North and South America in a Veggie Powered F250

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
We just spent 3+ weeks driving through Mexico with three small kids and never felt threatened. The main thing we learned was three weeks was not enough and we want to do more exploring. We'll be exploring vicariously with your family in the meantime. Looks like we nere near you guys for part of our trip - should have met-up. We spent much less on this trip than just the airfare to Costa Rica.

Totally agree!

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
The Ruins of Monte Alban Just FEEL Good - Oaxaca, Mexico

There's something special about Monte Alban. It took some effort to get there from the city of Oaxaca, mainly because the taxi drivers decided to hold a strike the day we drove into town.

While waiting for the light to turn green so we could make our turn, we watched the policia close the road to Monte Alban.

After several detours and some serious traffic, we finally made our way to the road which winds up the hillside to the city which sits like a crown on the crest.

Read more...

Monte-Alban-125.jpg

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
Ornery in Oaxaca

I don’t know why, but Greg just started the day in a funk. (Oh wait, I do know why…it’s because we’d planned to record more videos for our course, and I’d forgotten to charge the video camera.)

It’s pretty rare for him, really. He’s the ‘look on the bright-side’ sort of guy who usually has to deal with my moods.

But today, he was just bothered. Bothered with the traffic, the streets, no parking. He didn’t want to stop at the market. He didn’t want to stop for food we pointed out (it was breakfast time and we were all hungry).

Read more...

Oaxaca-01.jpg

bigmex

What a great adventure you guys are on. Hopefully in 5 years I can do a trip like this. For now I just live through your pictures. Safe travels

I've noticed that the Nay-Sayers have dramatically decreased since you guys have been on the road! :wings:

Your trip has been invaluable to the mental preparations for a trip we are hoping to take in November! Again and as always, thanks for sharing!

mochodurazo

wow!!!! just blew my head off. Amazing adventure and keep the feedback please!!!

Too bad i didnt know about your journey, i live in Hermosillo, Sonora, just 3-4 hrs south Agua Prieta and im 100% sure that i colud help with veggie oil, oil change, and a dinner.

Safe trip. already follwing you on twitter.

Carlos Durazo

Darwin

Explorer
They sure seem to get diarrhea a lot? Truck included.

Latest is that engine oil was going into the diesel tank and it truck was continuing to not start. My guess is they don't have a fuel pressure gauge either.

I was sitting on the edge of my seat for that one and am glad to hear it all worked out! It looks like I have some catching up to do in reading your posts. Thanks for sharing with those of us who are not fortunate enough to be able to join you at this time.

Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle