2 Adults, 5 Kids, Every Country in North and South America in a Veggie Powered F250

Rockhard426

Discovershare , It looks like you are having a Fun Trip there from the pictures !! Enjoy every min of it , Your Kids will learn so much and remember that trip for a lifetime . I know I was 10 when my Family left for Brasil back in 1987 , We Drove a 1985 ford F150 van From Florida to Southern Brasil , The only place we did not drive was through Columbia , Back in 87 Panama was bad enough but Columbia they said NO !!, we put our van on a barge and flew to Ecuador and picked up the van and continued . If you go through Bolivia be careful with the roads there especially near La Paz, That was the scariest part of the whole trip. We put almost 13000 miles on the van and took about 32 days, needless to say we did not spend much time in the countries but we had FUN !! , We sold the van and Flew Back to Florida. Again Be Safe and Enjoy the Trip of a Lifetime !!!

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
This was an interesting post on finding waste vegetable oil in Mexico and C.America. Where are you tanks mounted? Seems like you need all the space you can get in your vehicle with seven travelers and I'm sure you found a creative solution.

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
We have one 40 gallon tank that sits in the bed of the truck on the driver's side. We built a camper on the back of our truck, and the tank is enclosed with access from the back of the truck. Above it is storage space.

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
Stability Comes From Staying in One Place (And Other Ridiculous Myths)

Quetzaltenango-38.jpg

“I happen to think it is a bit irresponsible of you to put your kids future in jeopardy just to satisfy your need for travel. What you're doing is just risky."

was the response one commenter made on an article I recently wrote for BootsnAll about letting travel transform your life.

It’s not the first time we’ve received comments like this regarding our family lifestyle choices. We’ve been attacked before by the ‘zombie-dream slayers’.

We’ve been accused of not providing our children with a ‘stable’ life; of not preparing them for their future; of being beggars; vagrants; irresponsible.

We’ve been ‘advised’ to buy a house, get a job and put our kids into school : it’s what’s best for us. We all need some stability.

Read more

http://www.discovershareinspire.com...er-ridiculous-myths-quetzaltenango-guatemala/

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
On the Road Again!

After a year and a half in Guatemala (where we had a wonderful time and purchased land and started a humanitarian project), we are FINALLY back on the road again.

Here's some of the most recent posts:

The Largest Market in Central America: Chichicastenango, Guatemala

Gigantic Kite Festival: Sumpango, Guatemala

Why I Love Antigua Guatemala

Extreme Bungee Catapult - Antigua

Time to Say Goodbye to Guatemala (for Good?)

Guatemala/El Salvador Border Crossing (This time they actually let us in)

It's great to be back on the move!

Raise Your Family.
Live Your Dream.
Change the World.
DiscoverShareInspire.com

Wainiha

Explorer
Great journey and thank you for sharing it.

Shame on the people who criticize. How one lives their life is a personal choice and no one elses business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan