2 Adults, 5 Kids, Every Country in North and South America in a Veggie Powered F250

Love your story. I wholly believe in what you're doing.

Some friends and l will be making a lap through MX, GT, and BZ for a few weeks in Dec-Jan. Six adults and four kiddos in a three vehicle convoy. I hope we can find you guys!

All the best! We'll be in touch.

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
Love your story. I wholly believe in what you're doing.

Some friends and l will be making a lap through MX, GT, and BZ for a few weeks in Dec-Jan. Six adults and four kiddos in a three vehicle convoy. I hope we can find you guys!

All the best! We'll be in touch.

Meeting up would be awesome! Keep in touch.

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
Ughhhh....Montezuma's Revenge!

I would have posted sooner, but I have been sooooo sick, as have most of my family and our host family as well.

Don't think it was the food or the water, just some stomach bug (we actually started having some sick kids in Arizona, maybe we brought it with us?)

I think we're finally getting over it. I did some major therapeutic doses of essential oils to finally get my gut in normal working order.

I'll start sharing posts and pictures again now that I'm feeling better!

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
Border Patrol, Illegals and the Great Wall

We drove to Douglas, Arizona, a town that borders Agua Priete on the Mexican side. Once in town, we did some errands, stopping at Walmart to pick up a few groceries (unfortunately the only grocery option in town.) It was located within a couple hundred of feet from the Wall that separates Mexico and the U.S.

We visited the wall, shot some video, and chatted with the border patrol, who shared lots of interesting information.

Read the full post by clicking here.

Mexico-Border-3.jpg

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
Ha, I LOVED the videos. Those were funny, but also pretty informative, with the prices and procedures at the border.

Looks like a nice quiet spot you found for the first night there.

Keep posting.

Oh, and I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love to be able to follow along the route you are taking, so if you can post the roads you are taking, or towns you are going through that would be cool too.

And if you ever come across a road that actually needs 4WD, it would be great to know that as well. I assume everything is 2WD roads, but with your spirit of adventure I wouldn't be surprised to hear of you taking some remote little mountain track somewhere. That way anyone following behind you will know what to expect too.

:)

Ray

Ray,

Glad you like the videos. As far as the specific route, so far the Google map on our website is pretty accurate. We haven't taken any 4WD roads yet, we just drove to Lake Chapala where we had a meet up planned.

We also share roads, routes, tolls, etc as much as we can in our YouTube Channel videos.

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
So, How Dangerous IS Mexico?? We can tell you from first hand experience.

We'd heard from multiple sources that it was too dangerous to step foot into Mexico. So we decided to record the entire border crossing so people could see for themselves.

Personally, we thought the 'dangerousness' was all media hype, and our suspicions were confirmed with every step that took us further into Mexico. What did we find? Peace, tranquility, and a lot of very nice and generous people.

There are two videos that share the crossing process, including prices, procedure, etc. You can watch them here.

Mexican-girls.jpg

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
Camping, Begging and Diarrhea in Northern Mexico

We haven't had any trouble finding a place to camp in Northern Mexico. It has been muy tranquilo.

We did have some unpleasant gut action - too many chilis on our burrito.

I posted pictures here (Not of the diarrhea :) but of Northern Mexico.)

IMG_7611.jpg

IMG_7636.jpg

r_w

Adventurer
Thanks for the updates and keeping it real. The "truck broke down" day would have pushed me completely over the edge.

There is a plan in everything, it would just be nice if it was shared with us ahead of time.

BTW, if you ever get to the "Living with the Amish" on your bucket list--I might be able to help hook you up.

discovershare

Discover Share Inspire
Our Truck Breaks Down... Somewhere in Mexico

In an attempt to find some sunflower seeds, my husband spots an OXXO conveniences store, and throws the truck into reverse in the middle of the highway.

Unexpectedly, the truck jolts and my heart leaps out of my chest. Oh no! We’ve just ran into somebody or something.

But looking behind us, nothing is there. No poles, nor cars, no motorcycles.

That was weird.

So we pull ahead into the OXXO parking lot, and my hubby runs in to search for his seeds. He comes out with a pack of mints and some pumpkin seeds. No sunflower.

Starting up the truck, he puts it into reverse and attempts to back up. It won’t move.

“It’s like the emergency brake is on,” he tells me.

Read the rest, and watch the video, here.

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
i thought it was very admirable that the entire time your husband chalks it up as "this is adventure", without letting out any frustration or disappointment. Way to set a good example for the kiddos.

I've seen plenty of meltdowns over a scratch in the paint...but you guys kept your cool, entertained the little ones, and made some new friends in the process. Looking forward to the next installment :sombrero:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
i thought it was very admirable that the entire time your husband chalks it up as "this is adventure", without letting out any frustration or disappointment. Way to set a good example for the kiddos.

I've seen plenty of meltdowns over a scratch in the paint...but you guys kept your cool, entertained the little ones, and made some new friends in the process. Looking forward to the next installment :sombrero:

For sure. The positive outlook is so refreshing to see!

Project510

Adventurer
Thanks for posting all of your travels, a few posts back you mentioned posting photos of the 3rd row seat. Id love to see that if it were possible. Unless I missed them somehow.. Again thanks for posting here on Expo, I enjoy reading the blog posts and updates.

adventurexp

I know you are so far, but when you are in Argentina, you need to visit:
Salta province
Jujuy province
then of course Buenos Aires, Capital Federal
South of Argentina: Trevelin, Gayman (small wales town), Bariloche, El Bolson, El Hoyo de Epuyen, Calafate, Peninsula Valdes, Puerto Piramide, Villa la Angostura, San Martin de Los Andes (those last town are very nice and are bigger than others), but Bariloche is one of the most turistic places to sky in Argentina.

Best!

defrag4

Road Warrior
Close call with the car import permit. You just reminded me I need to track down our travel/import visas from when we went to Baja in February. We didnt cancel anything either!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78