2-door JK storage & dog shelf

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Just like it says; I needed a safe/comfortable place for Jessi The Wonder Mutt to stand guard, lay down, etc --- and I needed places for all of our gear. It was especially important that the chainsaw fit underneath and both jerry can and cooler fit on top.
The main board is OSB, the brackets are aluminum computer brackets, adjustable aluminum cargo managers from Home Depot, and a bunch of D-rings that I had laying around.
We covered it with a yoga mat and put some indoor/outdoor carpet over it.

The dog loves it and it works great.
Anybody need a never-used back seat? Yes-Essentials khaki....

100_3659.jpg

College Kid

Adventurer
I guess you don't take your hard top off..... I am in the process of building a dog plateform for my boy. Much lower than yours, about 7 inches off the floor.

How did you fasten the board down?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I guess you don't take your hard top off..... I am in the process of building a dog plateform for my boy. Much lower than yours, about 7 inches off the floor.

How did you fasten the board down?
There are "L" brackets on the big brackets.
The top can still come off but it has to be lifted up about a foot and then the shelf has to be lifted from within and tilted free; it would really help to have a hoist...
I gave up. My wife doesn't like the top off; in 38,000+ miles it's only been off one time.
In all honesty, an H3 with the V8 would've been a more practical truck for our lifestyle...

Blain

Adventurer
That looks pretty good! I was trying to come up with something similar a while back but I didn't have anything sturdy enough to attach it to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12