2 door or 4 door trucks

BUZZ

I been seeing a lot of slide-in pop-up campers on 4 door trucks,there will be only two people camping in my truck.I know with the 4 door trucks if you have I family it makes sense to go with the 4 door.Is there any other advantage of having it then the 2 door.Thinking of buying new truck,which one would you prefer buying(2 door or 4 door)

FCM

Not Lost, Finding Another Way
Four door all the way. You have room for a family tomorrow, friends today, and a good place to stash your groceries during bad weather.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My front axle load is 4400# front, #4000 rear, making for an almost perfectly balanced load. I can fit 5 gallon buckets being my seat. I'm 6'3" and have to shove the seat forward in order to depress the clutch fully and grasp the steering wheel properly. East/west sleeping campers work fine with a regcab,not so with north/south. Wheelbase is shorter than a qclb or slightly shorter than a qcsb. Axle load on a qcsb with my camper would be more like 4000# front,6000# rear. Less of a difference with a qclb.
This setup is ideal for my wife and I,no kids or pet(s).
Guys,with a more typical family and pets benefit from a four door configuration.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I use my back seat for storage. The camper fills up fast. It's nice to have extra room for tools, clothing, food, the jack, etc.

canuck479

I have had a 4 door ranger extra cab and a f150 super crew and now have a 2 door ranger extra cab and I miss the ease of accessing the rear of the cab so much you can't believe. Even if you don't go crew cab make sure you have the 4 door extended cab. Trust Me.

BCHauler

Adventurer
Also, resale. Your residual value on the truck will be higher if it is a crewcab. However, bigger cab means less gvwr space available for camper and supplies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears