200 series ARB Skid plate system - just ordered

nlscooby

Observer
After several discussions with a regional sales manager for ARB, I am told that I am the first consumer in the United States to be getting the ARB skid plate system for the 200 series. [I know that Christo Slee has had one on his 200 series for a few months - but he told me they weren't ready to be available to US consumers due to a fitment issue.]

Christo is still correct - there is going to be a fitment issue when I get the system in a week or two. This was confirmed by the sales manager. The issue is that the transfer case skid plate will not fit because it was designed for use with the diesel powered 200 series that are available everywhere else in the world except in the US. Apparently the transmission is longer on the diesel powered LC's.....

ARB has also confirmed that there is no estimated date planned for a proper fitting transfercase skid plate as the demand is minuscule.

So, since there are no other options for the 200, I am going into this with the anticipation that I can modify the plate to somehow fit. I sure hope it will....otherwise I'll have a large, heavy, expensive paper weight.

When I get it in, I'll take some photos and post my experience.

peneumbra

Explorer
Good luck with this project. And props to you for trying something that has never been attempted by man. Just think: if it hadn't been for people like, well, the Wright Brothers, or Charles Lindbergh, or Laika, the first dog into space, why, we'd still be, ah... driving Land Cruisers with solid axles!

Or something like that...

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Good luck with this project. And props to you for trying something that has never been attempted by man. Just think: if it hadn't been for people like, well, the Wright Brothers, or Charles Lindbergh, or Laika, the first dog into space, why, we'd still be, ah... driving Land Cruisers with solid axles!

Or something like that...

Well, the 80 series was the last of the solid axles all around. The 100 series and 200 series have independent front suspension. With one exception, there was a 105 (never sold in the US) that had the body of the 100, but came with solid axles all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998