2000 4runner Sport Build

slomatt

Adventurer
looks good man! Where's the writeup on the fancy TRD decals? ;)

Ha! I needed some extra hp to counteract the larger tires, and I couldn't find any "Powered by Yota" stickers. :)

In reality they were reasonably priced and the 4runner was looking a bit too monochrome.

- Matt

AlexJet

Explorer
Nice Runner.
My ARB Prado bumper is about to arrive this Friday and I'll be putting it to my wife's 2001 Limited this weekend (at least this is a plan).
Nice pictures of the install, they might help as I think Prado and Taco bumpers should have similarity in mounting.

slomatt

Adventurer
Nice Runner.
My ARB Prado bumper is about to arrive this Friday and I'll be putting it to my wife's 2001 Limited this weekend (at least this is a plan).
Nice pictures of the install, they might help as I think Prado and Taco bumpers should have similarity in mounting.

Thanks!
The pictures are of a Prado install so it should be pretty much the same for your new bumper on your 2001.

- Matt

slomatt

Adventurer
Installed a DieHard Platinum P-4
http://wwww.blankwhitepage.com/automotive/2000-toyota-4runner/diehard-platinum-p-4-battery

IMG_2775.jpg

On board air
http://wwww.blankwhitepage.com/automotive/2000-toyota-4runner/on-board-air

IMG_2442.jpg

- Matt

4x4mike

Adventurer
Good choice on the battery. I have the same one in my 4Runner and have been happy with it. My old truck went through a lot of batteries but not the Platnium. I like the fact that it is a little smaller because my battery is moved because of my York.

Last edited:

slomatt

Adventurer
Thanks for the nice comments.

I just returned from a 3 day camping trip with the EdgeStar and it worked flawlessly. We loaded it up Friday morning and headed out of town, the temperature stabilized at 37F during our drive the to campsite. Overnight the temps were in the 40s so the fridge didn't have to do much work, the next day (24 hours without engine running) the battery was still putting out over 12v and easily started the truck. Based on this I'm comfortable expecting more than 24 hours of runtime on my 68AH battery assuming normal use and 70F(day)/40-50F(night) temperatures. Higher exterior temperatures will of course increase the duty cycle and shorten the runtime.

Oh, and the best part was no ice, cold beer, and dry food! Very happy with the fridge so far.

- Matt

4runnerteq

Explorer
Im gettin ready for a SS 1.2 on my 97 runner. How come didnt go with 285/75 or 255/85? Cant decide which size to go with.

CYi5

Explorer
I take it you did the full-time power outlet mod to let your edgestar run continuously? I need to get around to that task..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan