2000 7.3L Ford Excursion Limited - Overland Built - $60K - Charlotte, NC

Go4Lo

Explorer
Good evening,

The time has come to let this epic Excursion find a new home.

I bought it in March 2021 in stock form from owner #2. The truck was sold new in West Jefferson, NC in 2000 and spent it's entire life here in rust free NC. Since purchase it's undergone a complete transformation into the overland built beast it is today. Below is listing of all the updates and mods done to it to date in my shop:

Basics -
2000 Ford Excursion Limited
7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel (built by International)
4R100 4spd Auto mated to a NV273F Transfer Case
158,xxx Miles
Oxford White/Arizona Beige
Gray Leather Interior
3 - Owners
Clean CarFax - No Accident History
Clean NC Title in hand

Engine Upgrades/Maintenance -
KC Stage 1 Turbo - Billet Compressor Wheel
Banks Six Gun Software
Banks 4" Downpipe and Elbow
Non-EBPV Turbo Pedestal and Isolator
Updated Bellow Style Up Pipes
AVP Intake Spyder
AFE Intake Kit
FRX Fuel System Xover
140 Amp Alternator (from a 6.0 Ambulance)
Serpentine Belt
Replace Glow Plugs - 8
Replace Glow Plug Control Module
UVCH Gasket and Harness Replacement - both sides
Remove, test and clean injectors - replaced all o-rings
Mishismoto 6.0 37 Row Trans Cooler Retrofit Kit
Trans Flush and Filter Change with Synthetic
Transfer Case Drain and Fill with Synthetic
New AGM Batteries (2)

**Above all completed in August 2021 at 157,xxx

Drivetrain Upgrades/Maintenance -
2004 F350 SRW v10 4.30 Geared Axle Swap (truck had 103K on it)
Dana 60 Front
- Napa Unit Bearings
- Powerstop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and HD Pads
- Braided Stainless Extended Brakelines - Full System Flush and Fluid Replacement
- Mag Hytec Diff Cover
- Warn Premium Manual Locking Hubs - Vacuum System Deleted
- Synthetic Gear Oil
Sterling/Visteon 10.5
- Rear Full Float Hubs Removed and Bearings inspected, repacked and seals replaced
- Pinion Bearings Replaced with Yukon Bearings and NEW crush sleeve
- Mag Hytec Diff Cover
- Synthetic Gear Oil
- PowerStop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and HD Pads
- Braided Stainless Extended Brakeline - System Flush and Fluid Replacement
Front and Rear Driveshaft CVs Rebuilt and new U-Joints at axle ends

Suspension/Steering Upgrades -
Front
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics Full Leaf Pack ~5" Lift
- Bilstein 5100 Dual Shock Kit
- Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer
- Icon Drop Trac Bar Bracket
- Moog OEM Replacement Steering Kit (4 new TREs and new Tie Rod and Drag Link)
Rear
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics Full Leaf Pack ~5.5" Lift
- Bilstein 5100s
- Custom Airlift 5000 set up with Daystar Cradles and PMF Suspension HD U-Bolt Plates
- Hellwig Rear Sway Bar

Exterior Upgrades -
ARB Sahara Front Bumper (F250/350/Excursion fit) - Color Matched Arizona Beige
Mile Marker 15K Winch
BajaDesigns LP9 Combo Lights on Front Bumper
ARB Fogs
Buckstop Truckware Rear HD Bumper with Single Tire Carrier Mount - Color Matched Arizona Beige
AMP Research Power Steps with LED Lighting
Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform - Custom Mounted for Full Length Style
BajaDesigns OnX6 Combo LED bar on Front
BajaDesigns S2s - Red on Rear
100w Renogy Solar Panel
ARB Awning - 8ft

Interior Upgrades -
Katzkins Replacement Leather Interior - ALL seats recovered
Husky Liners Front to Rear
Pioneer Headunit with BT, Apple CarPlay, Reverse Camera, XM, etc..
A-Pillar Gauge Cluster with Bank Six Gun Controller, Banks Boost Gauge and Banks Trans Temp Gauge
Custom Built House Battery Style Solar Set up in OEM Spare Tire location
AGM Battery, Renogy Solar Controller with MPPT, BlueSea Fuse Panel
ARB High Output Compressor
ARB Elements Fridge

Tires/Wheels -
5 - Raceline Monster SL Wheels - 17x9.5
5 - BFG KM3 - 39x13.5

Misc -

No expense spared on this build. Everything is done right and with quality parts. Spent $6500 alone under the hood in July/August 2021 covering all the updates/upgrades listed above in the Engine section. Normally I do all my own work but for engine updates and upgrades I had Mountain Laurel Performance out of Salisbury, NC do the work (have receipt). Jamie the owner is a former Ford factory trained 7.3/6.0 mechanic with years of dealer experience. He's the guru in our part of the world for these beasts.

This truck is not perfect but it's a solid 8 out of 10, especially considering it's 21yrs old. The paint is all original and is in great shape over the entire body with the exception of the roof gutters. It has just started to flake in a few spots that are under the rack so I haven't bothered to do anything about it. A couple of other items to note, the rear view mirror is an original Ford auto dim mirror and as with most of these the internal layers have started to separate so it doesn't function like it once did. I think a replacement can be found on e-bay for ~$200. The Driver's side heated seat no longer works. The shop i used to install the Katzkins tried to repair it but Ford no longer makes the parts. The heating element is built into the seat cushion, which is NLA from Ford. The backside of the front and rear fenders have been clearance for the larger 39" tires so they do not rub any body panels. The tires do rub the front leaf springs under full lock, which is common on these old Fords with front leaf suspension.

I'm typically not attached to my builds but this one holds a special spot because of how legendary these trucks are and just how great they were built. I've put a lot of love into and it will be bittersweet to see it go but I've 3 other projects in the garage that need attention so the time has come.

Happy to work with any potential buyers on shipping and or pick up. I'm in Concord, NC about 25 mins north of Charlotte Int'l Airport. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in this truck and drive it to the west coast!

Below are pics and links to YouTube videos.

Thanks for checking out my build and let me know if you have any questions.

https://youtu.be/MF0pGSVrRHI

https://youtu.be/s5hV0Cd5LfY

https://youtu.be/LufEOZFBNdk

https://youtu.be/3rv1Ju6gYH0

https://youtu.be/pfvmWFGaxCQ

IMG_3319.jpeg
IMG_3321.jpeg
IMG_3323.jpeg
IMG_3324.jpeg
IMG_3327.jpeg
IMG_3335.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg
IMG_3339.jpeg

Last edited:

Go4Lo

Explorer
Fantastic build, I had an 02 kitted out and regret getting rid of her! How's the transmission holding up in her?

Thanks! It’s been a fun project for sure. Bittersweet about letting her go. Truck got accepted to BaT so it will be auctioned off in a few weeks.

No issues with the 4R100 tranny. We just did a full service to it back in July and retrofitted the trans cooler from a 6.0, which makes a huge difference in controlling trans temps.

Last edited:
Thanks! It’s been a fun project for sure. Bittersweet about letting her go. Truck got accepted to BaT so it will be auctioned off in a few weeks.

No issues with the 4R100 tranny. We just did a full service to it back in July and retrofitted the trans cooler from a 6.0, which makes a huge difference in controlling trans temps.
Got ya, is she on BAT yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears