2000 Ford F450 7.3 Diesel 4x4 w/ Kodiak Camper and Garage $22,500

oxard

Located in Bellevue, WA. Asking $22,500 for package. Could separate at $15,000 for the truck and $8,000 for the camper.
Screenshot_20230429-144314~2.png
Screenshot_20230429-144320~2.png

Truck:
F450 cab and chassis with regular cab. Pre emissions 7.3 turbo diesel. 179,000 miles. Manual transmission, transfer case, and hubs. This truck is rated for 15,000lb gross and 10,000lb towing. Fully loaded with the camper, we are at ~12,000lb. The truck has 4.88 gearing so at 65mph it's at ~2500 rpm. We get 10mpg at 65mph with the camper and 15-17mpg without the camper. Truck has great power and easily climbs mountain pass grades at 60mph without needing to downshift.

Truck was California kept until 2022 and is currently located in Bellevue, WA. There is no major rust anywhere, just minor surface rust.

Behind the cab is a 48" tall, 30" long, and 92" wide lockable, waterproof storage garage. Currently housing the spare tire with plenty of room for bikes, skis, or any other gear you need to bring with you.

The camper sits on a 96" long, 92" wide steel constructed flatbed with treated wood flooring. We built fold down sides and fixed ends to allow for lockable storage (all padlocks are on the same key). If you put on a different camper, you can easily mount new side boards to the fold down hinges. It would also be very easy to make the sides and ends full length to use the bed without a camper.

Beneath the flatbed is a gooseneck hitch and there is a normal hitch on the rear of the truck.

Truck cab has an aftermarket Bluetooth stereo and backup camera on a switch to run while driving.

Camper:
1996 Kodiak camper. Very similar construction to Northern Lite and Bigfoot campers with very few seams. This camper is built for a 6 foot bed but with a flat floor so what would typically hang out the back of a pickup bed now sits on the flatbed.

Camper is in extremely good condition with no leaks and all appliances in good operating condition. We've camped with 6" of snow on the roof with zero water ingress. The insulation works very well. On a 25° night, we turned off the heater at 65° before going to bed and woke up with the camper at 45°.

Camper has a 2 burner stove, oven, propane 12v and 110w fridge (powered by propane on the second lowest setting, we froze the fridge section on a 90° day), propane hot water heater, propane furnace, wet bath, outdoor shower, sink and convertible dinette (suitable for smaller adults to sleep on).

We also added a 100 watt solar panel, solar controller and 2000 watt inverter. Currently only running a single 100a/h battery with plenty of room for additional batteries and solar.

The front jacks are on a hitch and pin style system and travel removed from the camper. All jacks are mechanical.

Truck Maintenance:
In the last 2000 miles we've done the following:
7 new tires (including spare)
Oil change
Water pump replacement
Coolant change
Glow plug harness replacement
Upper and lower ball joints replacement
Driveshaft bearing replacement

Known Issues:
This was previously a work truck so it is not in the nicest cosmetic condition. We focused on mechanical reliability
The bench seat has typical tears from being a work truck. I patched the foam underneath and taped shut the tear.
There are no problems with the camper.
Bent rear axle strut mount. You can't tell there is anything wrong while driving but the mount is bent. Could be left as is or if a heavier camper/leaf removal is desired, a competent welder could easily weld on a new mount.

Additional pictures can be found
here:

Last edited:

NOPEC

What would consider to be a reasonable price on the truck? I see plenty of 7.3 4x4s for significantly more money with significantly more miles. I thought 19k was reasonable considering other vehicles I've seen.

I can't speak to the pricing of the truck but I have exactly the same camper as you and I would venture that your pricing is pretty much right on.

For a whole bunch of reasons, any of the Canadian made molded fiberglass campers are both generally pretty good performers in their "from the factory mode" and to boot, they make an awesome starting point if you want to do some sort of all in, gut job type of customization. For 8K $USD, including mechanical jacks, you have the perfect starting point without breaking the bank. (which incidentally, folks will happen later in the build, but that's a different story....)

Attachments

• P8140301.JPG
    P8140301.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Any other way to view the photos, will not give google permission to access all my photos.
You can load them to a site like Flickr, then link them to your thread here. Take the address of the photo (right click usually gives the address), then use the picture icon

Hummelator

Adventurer
What would consider to be a reasonable price on the truck? I see plenty of 7.3 4x4s for significantly more money with significantly more miles. I thought 19k was reasonable considering other vehicles I've seen.
I read that as more of a commentary on the market. Pre-covid vehicle pricing was significantly different.
It's how she goes these days I guess

ITTOG

If this would have been available before I began building my slide in camper. I would have definitely picked up this slide in. I have always liked the look and fact it is fiberglass.

Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Essco

pricing is spot on great truck and solid price. Am across the border in Vancouver and those trucks are IMPOSSIBLE to find. Had this have been 2 years ago I would have jumped on it immediately. GLWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998