Just thought I would introduce myself and my rig here:

I'm Andreas, from South Africa and have a:

MY2000
Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero LWB Gen 2.5 Blister Fender
2.8 TDI Diesel
307000KMS

32" BFG KM3's
GQ Patrol Rear Springs (3"Lift)
Front Ironman Torsion Bars (2" turned up)

Very excited to be part of the community here!
A couple vids of my car on youtube:
(please give a like and subscribe if you enjoyed!)

A couple pics:

Attachments

• Sequence 01.00_01_04_23.Still006.jpg
    Sequence 01.00_01_04_23.Still006.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • Sequence 01.00_05_47_05.Still029.jpg
    Sequence 01.00_05_47_05.Still029.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Sequence 01.00_06_02_12.Still034.jpg
    Sequence 01.00_06_02_12.Still034.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Sequence 01.00_07_51_23.Still036.jpg
    Sequence 01.00_07_51_23.Still036.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Sequence 01.00_10_28_15.Still045.jpg
    Sequence 01.00_10_28_15.Still045.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • Sequence 01.00_11_54_16.Still061.jpg
    Sequence 01.00_11_54_16.Still061.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Welcome Andreas, looks like you've got some nice trails over there. I noticed in the video the Pajero loses a lot of momentum as soon as you lift one of the rear tires at all. Removing your rear sway bar makes quite a bit of difference keeping tread on the ground and has no real on road negative effect that I've noticed. I've had mine off for 5+ years, it actually ripped itself out of the mounts on a trail a bit like they one you were on.

I have the front sway removed also, but that makes a big difference in drive ability, wallows and leans a lot, not recommended unless you don't daily drive the vehicle much.

Guessing you don't have a rear locker either, if you can find one at a salvage yard, that will be one of the best bang for buck improvements you can make.

Any engine/interior/body modifications planned for the Pajero?

Welcome Andreas, looks like you've got some nice trails over there. I noticed in the video the Pajero loses a lot of momentum as soon as you lift one of the rear tires at all. Removing your rear sway bar makes quite a bit of difference keeping tread on the ground and has no real on road negative effect that I've noticed. I've had mine off for 5+ years, it actually ripped itself out of the mounts on a trail a bit like they one you were on.

I have the front sway removed also, but that makes a big difference in drive ability, wallows and leans a lot, not recommended unless you don't daily drive the vehicle much.

Guessing you don't have a rear locker either, if you can find one at a salvage yard, that will be one of the best bang for buck improvements you can make.

Any engine/interior/body modifications planned for the Pajero?

Hey! Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I feel super lucky living in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, there are probably around 10 trails nearby within a 2 hour radius! Some beautiful ones as well!

I do have an OEM Rear Air locker (all the gen 2.5's/blister fenders hear have a rear locker, not sure if its the same overseas, I think it is?). In that video my locker was being a bit iffy that day, sometimes not engaging...

I do daily my car but don't do that much mileage, around 3000kms in the last 6 months, even with that being said, not sure I would be up for removing the sway bars, I have a wife and 1 year old, and wouldn't want to do anything to compromise safety for a bit of articulation. I'm sure there are other ways to get it.

Interior wise, I've removed the 3rd row, got 4X Front runner Wolf Pack Pro Ammo Boxes there for tools, recovery gear etc, planning on building a deck there for a fridge and some overlanding stuff, 12V system etc

Exterior, going to design and build a steel front bumper and rock sliders for the moment, that's about it, and just continue fiddling with the suspension to get as much out of it as possible:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior