2000 Toyota Troopy HZ Diesel - in Costa Rica

Dummyfatpigpoo

Reluctantly selling my 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Troopy HZ Diesel (non-turbo) 5 speed manual. Full ARB bumpers, roof rack, awning, fridge etc. Winch, driving lights, roof tent with vestibule, etc. Set up for your adventures! We used it on our family adventure in Costa Rica earlier this year and have now returned to the US. Seats 9 total (Driver/Passenger front bucket seats, 3 on center bench seat, 2 kids on each rear folding troop seat). Truck is in indoor storage just outside San Jose' and is ready to go. I have clear title in hand and will travel back to CR to conduct transaction. Truck is former ambulance but had been completely restored and prepped for overland travel. Needs nothing. Is titled and registered in Costa Rica, where it has spent its entire life other than some Central American countries I drove it to. Email or call with any questions. 801-231-0798 cell - Best, Rob $35,000.00 usd (serious parties only please! I am into this rig $40k and if no buyer is found, will be driving it up the USA in the late Fall before Christmas). Can send more photos via direct email.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 229
  • Beach.jpg
    Beach.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2793.jpg
    IMG_2793.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 214

puravida73

Observer
I'm a Jeep guy BUT if I lived in CR this would be my dream vehicle (not a lot of Tj/JK down there from what I saw). WOW, GLWS! I've ridden around in these and 110's in Nica and CR and they are great fun.

destructomatt

Adventurer
This is a sweet rig. i saw quite a few of them while I was living down there and this appears to be cleaner than most. Registering this in the US though would be a no-go from my knowledge of importing Toyota Diesels from Japan and the investigation I did into bringing my BJ40 back to the states.

Last edited:

puravida73

Observer
you could bring it in for 1 year with exemption but must post a bond and export/destroy in 365 days or less. Better to just leave it in CR

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
This is a sweet rig. i saw quite a few of them while I was living down there and this appears to be cleaner than most. Registering this in the US though would be a no-go from my knowledge if importing Toyota Diesels from Japan and then investigation I did into bringing my BJ40 back to the states.

As long as it's 25 years or older, anything can be imported.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12