2001 7.3 4" Ujoint to Overland America's Adventure Vehicle

350outrage

Adventurer
I really like those wacky colors! :sombrero: Kind of has a little built in message; " Lets not get too wound up, this is supposed to be Fun!" I like that.

bj3nk5

I thought we had a good picture of one of them opened on our website, nope. I found this one on my phone:
IMG_0654-L.jpg

They are the frame less crank out awning ones Sportsmobile uses by C.R. Laurence. We purchased both of them from Sportsmobile Texas and they were kind enough to also send us a template. There's a write up on our site about the install. It was the very first thing we did to the van. It came with two small windows so placement was already determined. Our suicide barn door could break the passenger side window if it is cranked all the way out and the door is swung hard. We probably would have moved it further back on the body if we got to choose its location. It is a great spot for cross ventilation though since we'll be installing a jack knife sofa under the drivers side window.

-John

Sorry to respond so late, but can you open the crank/awning style windows when you drive? My AC doesn't help out any passengers in the back...

RyanUsesThis

Observer
Sorry to respond so late, but can you open the crank/awning style windows when you drive? My AC doesn't help out any passengers in the back...

I installed mine right behind the driver's seat. I can contort enough to get my arm back there and open/close it while I'm driving.

12109030_10206529693032900_6531790500687219656_n.jpg

RyanUsesThis

Observer
Just read your question without being half asleep... I've driven with the window open a crack, but probably wouldn't chance it on the highway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears