2001 Dodge CTD DD/tow pig/expo in the rough

Redpim1

You did notice the sarcasm icon, no?

I've been spending time on Cumminsforum lately where every second thread became heated debate on mirrors, or stacks. I have no issue with either, except that stacks won't work with my camper, thus are not a consideration for me.

The truck is coming along nicely Red. Is the stack base welded to the deck? It looks very clean! Joined below with flex pipe might be an idea? I'm not sure how much flex you'll see, but could be a cracking issue on the trail.

Sarcasm was noted post was made to prevent any further non sarcastic remarks...:sombrero:
The stack is in fact welded to the deck the flex issue is currently taken care of under the truck with a slip connection that I have intentionally left loose until my 4" web flex joint gets here. After that is installed I don't see any issues.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I love watching these Dodge threads with the Cummins and such. Soon we will have a thread dedicated to all the guys that would rather sleep with their Cummins then with their wives...

Nice fabrication on the flatdeck! Both you and Redthies have a truck that makes us all envious....:drool:

Redpim1

I'd still rather pile up in bed with Lil'Momma but I do love my Cummins... lol!
Thanks for the compliments on the build guys keeps me going on.

98dango

Expedition Leader
How much of that 168' did you actually use. I was figuring up my frame I'm at 50' tops. Granted I have a short bed and not doing a rack at.this time.

Redpim1

Right now I am at about 70' but I still have several cross beams to put in under the deck and one in the headache rack. I got 168' so I would have enough to build some rock rails and hopefully frame out the front bumper as well. Unfortunately my welder decided after 17 years to ******** the bed so no updates until I get the parts in to repair it.

98dango

Expedition Leader
That sounds better I was worried that I had missed some thing completely. Your truck is coming along very nicely.

Redpim1

Thanks guys....

Oh an I have an update. We are getting more rain than we have had all year right now. Not wanting to get my exhaust full of water I fabricated this awesome high tech rain cap for my stack. :coffeedrink:

13F773C5-1094-4E88-BF66-68769B5845DA-3837-0000017FE175D206_zps2cd9c414.jpg

gun45boat

Adventurer
You know your a redneck when?

You use a coffee tin to stop water from entering your STACKS!!!!!!!!!!

I would have done the same thing!!!!!!!!!! CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the build BTW

kfgk14

Adventurer
How thick of sheet metal did you use for the deck? I'm trying to decide for my flatbed project what I should use.
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998