2001 Ford E250 5.4 V8 Sportsmobile Agile TTB 4x4

illking

Observer
2001 Ford E250 5.4 V8 Sportsmobile RB33 with Agile offroad 4x4 conversion

I spent a long time looking for a gently used 2wd sportsmobile that I then had converted to 4x4. The Agile TTB 4x4 is amazing! Ive never been stuck and have driven it against other 4x4 van systems and it seems to really shines. Its been an extremely dependable and capable rig for our journeys over the past 5 years. Ive used it as both my daily driver and a weekend warrior rig. It has great "road" manners both on and offroad. Our family has grown and we haven't been using it as much so rather than let it sit it's time for someone else to enjoy. Heres a chance at a ready to roll rig that will take you anywhere you want to go in comfort and plastered in grins.

Video tour:
Interior:
couch / sofa bed and manual penthouse bed
swivel front captains chairs
2 burner propane stove
norcold fridge freezer
sink with 16.5g gallon fresh water tank
tons of cabinet storage, pantry, door storage and under floor storage
lifeline GPL-8DA House battery
victron battery monitor
smoke and gas detectors
fire extinguisher
privacy curtains and window blinds

4x4 System:
TTB 4x4 conversion
electric shift on the fly system
285/75/16 KO2's on Method Hole
4.11 gears
ARB twin compressor / rear locker
agile offroad 48 gal tank
aluminess tire carrier
rock lights

Exterior:
fiamma awning
shore-power / water hookups
propane access
offroad lights

Electronics:
scanguage
SCT tuner 5 star tunes
CB radio and antenna
CD amp and subwoofer
hidden fuel pump disconnect switch for security

Asking price $67,000
Optional upgrade $6200 2015 KTM 350exc-f with low hours / miles and bike hitch hauler

happy to answer any questions. no trades, low balls or tire kickers.
original owners manual, sportsmobile owners manual and extensive maintenance records

Heres some video of the van in action and a glimpse of all the fun experiences you'll have!

Attachments

• 6B636CD9-F9C1-48FA-9A7D-3BF52B10E10E.JPG
    6B636CD9-F9C1-48FA-9A7D-3BF52B10E10E.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 513
  • IMG_5069.jpg
    IMG_5069.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 586
  • IMG_4709.JPG
    IMG_4709.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 589
  • GPTempDownload.jpg
    GPTempDownload.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 566
  • IMG_5265.JPG
    IMG_5265.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 559
  • IMG_4707.JPG
    IMG_4707.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 551
  • IMG_4708.JPG
    IMG_4708.JPG
    844 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:

ohpyramids

Adventurer
This van rules. It rode so much smoother and quicker than my 6” Ujoint conversion. I was jealous. Whoever picks this up will be amazed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zip

I prefer social distancing.
This van rules. It rode so much smoother and quicker than my 6” Ujoint conversion. I was jealous. Whoever picks this up will be amazed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to thread hijack, but since you brought it up, what was wrong with your Ujoint conversion?

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Not to thread hijack, but since you brought it up, what was wrong with your Ujoint conversion?

Nothing wrong with the Ujoint kit. Just felt like the agile ttb front end made this van ^^ so much smoother and more stable off road. The ttb has a ton of uptravel and jason seemed to be riding so much smoother on the fire roads and washes in Anza Borrego. The Ujoint vans only have a few inches of uptravel on the front axle. Attached a photo of us in Anza.
f9a5e5b28e0a9287e77819e4091bfde3.jpg

zip

Nothing wrong with the Ujoint kit. Just felt like the agile ttb front end made this van ^^ so much smoother and more stable off road. The ttb has a ton of uptravel and jason seemed to be riding so much smoother on the fire roads and washes in Anza Borrego. The Ujoint vans only have a few inches of uptravel on the front axle. Attached a photo of us in Anza.
f9a5e5b28e0a9287e77819e4091bfde3.jpg

Thanks for that info.
Was not aware of that.
Do you have 33s on your van?
012F8101-5E37-459B-839B-0439DE6B32B4.jpeg
Doesn’t look like they do this anymore.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
Man, that's a bummer to see. I wonder if Agile will switch over to SAS or just not even do 4x4 swaps any more.
They are no longer doing any 4x4 conversions for the E series. Focus will be on Transits, and Sprinters.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
I feel like the E series platform is still as popular as ever. Sucks to hear we're losing a good SoCal 4x4 swap option.
But there are still good up fitters that will do the E series and still focus on it... Timberline Vans in Golden, CO. Colorado Camper Van in Loveland, CO. Ujoint in Fletcher, NC. AJ's 4x4 Vans in Hillsboro, OR. So I agree the E Series isn't dead, but always a bummer when a shop decides to pull the plug on a product.

Last edited:

zip

But there are still good up fitters that will do the E series and still focus on it... Timberline Vans in Golden, CO. Colorado Camper Van in Loveland, CO. Ujoint in Fletcher, NC. AJ's 4x4 Vans in Hillsboro, OR. So the agree the E Series isn't dead, but always a bummer when a shop decided to pull the plug on a product.

I love watching the U Joint videos of what they have done with the E series.

Reactions: MSD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears