2001 Ford Ranger Build Thread

TheFutur

Adventurer
Yeah im happy with the way it is for now. Still thinking about bedlining the fenders cause they are getting beaten up badly by rocks since i got the tires.

I probably wont be able to do lights till next summer as im about to head back to school for my last two semesters meaning money will be tight for the next 8 months..

Id also like to replace the speakers in the next little while, the stock ones are starting to go i think

Last edited:

TheFutur

Adventurer
Well did some more work to the ranger

Ended up bedlining the fenders to prevent further damage to them from rocks and other kicked up debris. I then just bedlined the front and rear bumpers today to match.

I'm super happy with the way they turned out, truck looks new again and it makes the fenders look somewhat like the expensive aftermarket ones.

E4kUwOK.jpg

^ Just the Fender is bedlined in this photo

Qh0DzkE.jpg

^ Front Bumper bedlined as well.

5OsVgoN.jpg

^ Rear Bumper as well.

Nice thing about having the rear bumper cover bedlined is that it is extra grippy now when i climb up there which is quite often haha

TheFutur

Adventurer
Ended up moving my awning and roof top tent to the truck for this upcoming weekend, planning on going to a fishing lake only accessible by 4wd high clearance so I decided to leave the trailer at home.

I had to make some mounting brackets to attach the awning to my rack so that took a few hours last weekend.

I also plan to haul two kayaks on the front portion of my rack, over the cab, up to the lake.

KorNaGH.jpg

4QAG8Bb.jpg

qxZTbJ4.jpg

D7FedgP.jpg

^ Not the greatest photo but its what I got. Once again I placed the RTT that far back to make room for two kayaks in front of it.

gwittman

Adventurer
Rustoleum bedliner. Got it at home depot in a spray can, curious to see how it holds up.

I am curious also to see how it holds up. I like the appearance and would like to do something like that with my fender flares. For now, I think I am just going to use a good black dye to cover up the faded surface.

TheFutur

Adventurer
I am curious also to see how it holds up. I like the appearance and would like to do something like that with my fender flares. For now, I think I am just going to use a good black dye to cover up the faded surface.

Thought id reply with how it's holding up.

I've only taken it on one trip since bedlining everything and my front bumper and fender flares are scratched. Now to be fair i took my truck down an old very overgrown trail that it had no business being down. Lets just say i could use a new paint job hahaha.

For normal logging road use it would hold up just fine i imagine, however if you see yourself driving down trails with vegitation scraping your truck on both sides you might want to find a different product.

rJ55XVg.webp

TheFutur

Adventurer
And here is some truck picture spam from my camping trip at the beginning of the month:

SQ7aXbt.jpg

^ Mt. Stoyoma off in the distance which was our destination for the day.

bd1u4Ws.jpg

^ Took us a little longer to get there than originally planned... I'm thinking about getting a light bar when I can squeeze one into the students life budget.

VehXZnz.jpg

^ Picture leaving Cabin Lake on the alpine 4x4 road.

x1ILSpI.jpg

^ Poser shot #1.

VuHHeBV.webp

^ Poser shot #2.

Tcwkp9D.jpg

^ Poser shot #3.

Ttgk0xz.jpg

^ Scenic truck picture #1.

GHkd8Yn.jpg

^ Scenic truck picture #2.

Last edited:

gwittman

Adventurer
Desert pin strips are the norm on most off-road trips I take. I still haven't rubbed out the ones from my last trip yet but hope to do it before my next trip in November. Are you saying the bed liner you put on the fender flares did not hold up well with the brush attacks?

TheFutur

Adventurer
That is correct. There are visible scratches that have worn down the bedliner in some areas, im not really upset as it was a cheaper product and well my truck is turning into a daily driven bush/adventure truck so my paint isn't looking too good anymore.

TheFutur

Adventurer
Looking good man!

Thanks man! Been a fun and rewarding build thats for sure! Loving your truck as well, hoping to add some auxiliary lighting eventually as well because I keep getting stuck in the dark haha

Any plans for interior mods?

Nothing to major, i installed an aftermarket deck. Planning on getting a CB or VHF eventually which will be mounted somewhere in the cab.

I also am searching for a 60/40 bench seat because there isnt room for my dog in the front and she HATES the back in the ranger.

Other than that though i dont see a need for interior mods.

Ryan Ronning

Professional Wanderer
Very nice Ranger. I like the direction your going with it. Modifying mine right now for more trail use. Its set up more for rocks at the moment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78