2001 Lance 815

You should head out there in the next few weeks if you can. I think they will only be getting better.
I wanted to see if you fixed the running lights issue? I have the same truck and the same camper and no issues with the camper running lights.

Really enjoyed your thread. We are leaving the PNW in October for 3 weeks on the dirt roads in the Southwest.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I will say that the FROLI system is ridiculously comfortable and it does a great job at circulating air under the mattress. The only downside is with a thick memory foam mattress you are pretty close the ceiling. I bet you could go with a much thinner mattress with the froli mattress than I am running (currently 6”). I sleep just as well in the camper as I do at home.

I got the Lance wedges from a Lance dealer somewhere in So Cal. They special ordered then from Lance and mailed them to me. I really like them as they make loading the camper much easier and the camper has zero movement side to side in the bed when on dirt roads.

Still haven’t figured out my wiring issue. I have been doing a little digging and think it is actually a truck issue. My truck uses the same rear bulbs for tail/ running light and the brake lights. I will need to tap into my running light wire upstream of where it hits whatever type of step down transformer ford used to drop the voltage from 13.6 (voltage read when brake applied) to 11.7 (voltage read from running lights).

I’d like to get the running lights working soon so that people can see I am a big camper in low visibility situations in hopes that they give me more space on the road haha.

So far I love the Lance 815! Simple, light, durable, comfortable and cheap. What more could you want in a camper you beat up on long dirt roads!

View attachment 761224
Does the camper just plug into your trailer plug? I don’t know why you’d have any problems with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179