2001 ToyotaTundra Complete Build (WTD)

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
This is more of a pre-runner truck then your normal expedition type vehicle, although i would have to say we have been on some fun adventures with it! I started with a 2001 Toyota Tundra TRD extra cab because i wanted to be able to run 3 seats in it although now it holds three and a been modified to also hold a car seat.
Better to start with a salvaged truck since we were goingto be cutting most of it apart anyways.

soon as it got to the shop all this was gutted...

Last edited:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Toyota Tundra Build

Back in the shop and she was torn apart in time! Completely removing the dash in order to roll the Roll cage behind and tight to the windshield pillars. It didnt take long before the main tubes for the cage were in place. For this build I used 1.750x .120 cromolly for the main cage.

Running a 1 piece front end I cut off all of the sheet metal and unnecessary frame. Not wanting to get to crazy the engine and tranny will remain in the stock position.

mtnkid85

Adventurer
Oh, awesome start! Excited to see where this one goes.

Is it going to be a 2wd or 4? Plans for the front end?

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
The rear section of the frame had to go! The rear suspension is going to be a 3 link and the stock frame wouldn't allow it to travel as far up as it needed, plus its ugly without a bed on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78