2002 Ford F550 4x4 custom built expedition camper with Alaskan flatbed

Nomadic52

Observer
image.jpegimage.jpegI posted this mistakenly in the Camper section and in addition to that I've been thinking Randy (the owner and my friend I'm selling it for) told me it's a 2001 F550 but I just checked the paperwork and registration and it's actually a 2002. Not that it matters that much but just for accuracy sake.
Here's the particularsimage.jpegimage.jpeg
2002 F550 custom diesel expedition camper for sale $65,000.
Much more capable than a used Earthroamer at a fraction of the cost.

This was build up on the truck base as a new 2002 F550 4x4 in '02. Original build cost $235,000 and was built for an around the world expedition. All work was professionally done and no expense spared.

-50,000 miles, runs perfect
-all manuals to all systems and records of build and maintainence
-automatic transmission with oversize cooler
-22.5 Alcoa wheels converted from dually to single rear wheels with Hancook tires
-dual Rancho shocks
-Airlift air bags in rear
-portapotti
-outside shower
-Smarttire tire monitor
-seat covers
-full set Autometer gauges
-triple radiator fan
-exhaust brake
-Superchip
-electric door step driver and passenger side
-seat heater
-Oasis 12v air compressor for airing tires back up off road
-Ample Power controller for solar
-5 gal grey water tank
-spare tire compartment behind cab
-synthetic oil
-15k Warn winch in rear
-massive transmission cooler
-Bushwacker fender flares
-mud flaps
-LED taillights
-outside shower
-ARB AIR front lockers
-Bushmaster fender flares
-custom aluminum flatbed with several storage cabinets
-Webasto diesel heater
-3 radiator fans
-700 watts solar on roof
-150 gal stainless steel custom built water tank in place of back seat with storage shelving over
-200 gal of fuel capacity in 2 aux tanks and in main tank
-custom Alaskan flatbed camper with all white laminate interior in excellent condition
-2 burner propane stove with 2-20 gal tanks
-3000 watt Xantrex inverter
-Sunfrost refrigerator AC/DC 12 cu ft
- batteries : 8 AGM gel batteries
-Echo Xantrex battery transfer coach to engine
-2 Fantastic vent fans
-heavy steel rear bumper with winch
-new Pullpal sand anchor
-motor lift rear motorcycle carrier
-AE awning
-electric water pump for sink
-roof air conditioner
-all dual pane Windows
-2 custom made sand ladders in pull out compartments in bed.
It needs nothing and is a turnkey expedition vehicle ready to travel around the world.
Located in Redmond OR near Bend.
It will be detailed tomorrow and I will post some more pics when it's spiffed up.

Call 720-560-1178 my cell number
Thanks, Mark

bearwoodbrown

Thats a great looking rig almost the one I want ,, just wondering how much load /beer LOL can you carry with all the tanks filled where you happy with the length ?? if you took out the crew cab and the 200 gal water tank really 4 x 55 gal drums comes to mind your other half must like to shower alot Im surprized you have to lower the price The camper alone should be worth the asking price

Nomadic52

Observer
I'm helping a friend to sell this truck. It will be at my house until Nov. 1st then h will be taking it back to Canada. He did the build on it in 2002-2003 and its registered in Canada. I have all the documentation and am now familiar with the process to register it in the US. It is 49 state compliant for DOT and emission standards and as we have discovered, because it's registered as an RV it can be registered without issue in CA as well. It's in awesome condition and ready to go around the world.

I don't check this forum regularly so if you have questions or want to see it its best to call me at 720-560-1178 or 541-323-3460

Nomadic52

Observer
I didn't mention in the first post that this originally had 44" off road tires on the 22.5 Alcoa rims. Randy (the owner) put the smaller diameter road tires on since he over the past few years was using it more on pavement rather than dirt but it was built with the clearance for 44s.

Nomadic52

Observer
Also, I can text or email full documentation on all stages of the build done by Nelson Racing and 4x4 motors in Calgary if interested.

Nomadic52

Observer
Randy took the rig back home to Calgary last fall to address everything that it needs whether it sells or he keeps it. New tires, 8 new AGM batteries, replacing some leaf springs in the rear suspension that were getting saggy and addressing an electric issue with the auto door lock. Around $8000 was spent to make this a needs nothing turn key around the world expedition vehicle at about the same price one would pay for an unreliable Volkswagen Syncro with a fraction of the space, capacity and gear. Mileage is now about 55,000 miles which for this Diesel engine is stupid low miles. However it never went more than 6 months between being run and driven despite the low miles. Due to the money spent on the updates the price is now $70,000. I am still helping field calls from interested parties so feel free to call with any question but don’t ask if the Alaskan camper can be sold separately, for ********************** it’s integrated into a vehicle that was purpose build to travel around the world, not pop onto the back of a farm truck to do weekend fishing.
At this point if you are serious you’d need after talking to me, make arrangements to go to Calgary to inspect the rig to decide if it is what would work for your purposes. We have all required documentation to cross into the US and register it anywhere here including California.
My cell is 720-560-1178. Name is Mark.

AKworld

As a past owner of an Alaskan Camper in Alaska I sold mine due to the fact that mosquitoes intrusion ironically is a real issue and not just at set up. The benefit of the up down top is its Achilles. Many areas do not suffer from such critters and this camper should work just fine. Maybe someone has come up with a system to keep the bugs out of the camper.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
I remember this rig from a couple years back. Pictures, information, and more pictures might help with the sale IMO - for instance, what was the plan behind the 8 batteries and 700 watts of solar and 3000 watt inverter? To be able to run the rooftop AC off battery?

Nomadic52

Observer
I personally have never owned an Alaskan camper but years ago stayed in TX at Sabine Pass in my POS Fleetwood Flair motorhome and even in it trying to keep the mosquitos out was futile.
The camper was equipped with 700 watts of solar and and 8 AGMs so it can run the AC as well as the Sunfrost frig. This for an off road camper is better than using a Dometic or Norcold DC/propane frig as they need to be kept level or the cooling unit will crap the bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman