2003 Mitsubushi FG Overland Camper Renovation

mininut2

View attachment 270483
I will be building this module on the back of an Iveco Daily. We are going to have single beds that drop down into a queensize. We could then have water tanks under each seat. The hole underneath the bed will be a drawer & the table underneath the drawer
, will be on slides
Rick
Sorry, first time I have tried to post a picture

GR8ADV

Explorer
So excited to watch another Paul Jensen build! Thanks GR8ADV for doing this.

You are more than welcome. All donations are gratefully accepted. Paypal is Anyhowe@comcast.net :smiley_drive:
We are very much looking fwd to the finished product. Both previous owners, Gary and Sue, and the Greene's did a wonderful job creating and maintaining the vehicle over the past 12 years. Just needing a bit of a facelift.

PaulJensen

Custom Builder

P1100673.JPG

(above) The fold down bed platform is clear vertical grain fir, 1/4" thick, laminated with fiberglass and epoxy, set into a CVGF frame, reinforced with carbon fiber...Early in the lay-up...

P1100674.JPG

(above) More wood and CF added at the outermost edge...

P1100675.JPG

(above) And more... I'm going for a stiff edge that needs little support under it...

P1100676.JPG

(above) The other panel is built a bit lighter...

P1100678.JPG
(above) Back to the seating lay-out...

P1100677.JPG

(above) Something like this...

dlh62c

Explorer
Paul

It looks good. Just speaking for myself here, but not having the dinette centerered at the window opening would drive me nuts. But then again maybe the window wasn't placed well to start with.

GR8ADV

Explorer
From a layout perspective, it kind of lets me know that the Greene's, the original builder of this rig, (known in our house as Adventure Vehicle 2, or AV2) had a pretty good idea of what they were doing regarding the layout. Ours is simply a modification of the original. Paul has tweaked it somewhat for our own needs and by doing so we have added things that are important to us: A pass through to the cab, more, roomier and more versatile seating, a couple more storage cabinets, and about 15 square feet of floor living space.

GR8ADV

Explorer
View attachment 270483
I will be building this module on the back of an Iveco Daily. We are going to have single beds that drop down into a queensize. We could then have water tanks under each seat. The hole underneath the bed will be a drawer & the table underneath the drawer
, will be on slides
Rick
Sorry, first time I have tried to post a picture
I could not see the pic. If you want you can email it to me and I will post for you.

GR8ADV

Explorer
i certainly couldn't fit my big jelly behind through a 1' shower door - kudos!
Thankfully he is building this for us and not you! And truth be known, I am glad you won't be joining me...in said shower.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan