2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Built- 14,500 Wyoming

mizzac

I have decided to sell my 2003 Toyota 4Runner. I don't need to sell it, but I have a work truck I drive and it just sits in the garage most days. I don't use it like it was built for, so it is time for someone else to enjoy it. As of today it has 115XXX miles, this will go up slightly as I usually drive it on the weekends.

I purchased this rig from its second owner in September of 2014 as a daily driver and would take to the ski hill in winter or to some trails to go camp in the summer. I have driven this rig back and forth from Wyoming to Montana many times, and clear to Seattle and it has never let me down or given me any problems.

Details about the vehicle; It's a sport edition, so it has the plastic cladding on the sides and the hood scoop). It is a 4.0 liter V6, with automatic transmission.

The rear end was rebuilt in Oct 2014. The Ring and Pinion gear were replaced with wrong parts from previous owner at a shop, so the correct parts are now in place and the whole rear end was checked out. It didn't affect driveability, just made a whining noise. Parts included: New ring and pinion set, bearing seal and shim kit. About $1,700 dollars' worth of work. I also just put in 2 brand new Duralast batteries.

The body looks great and shines after a good wash. It's a 13 year-old vehicle so it does have some dings and scratches. It has been used, but not abused. It does need a new windshield; It has a crack, but it doesn't affect sight line.

I have a 3-ring binder completely full with every single receipt, instruction manual, or brochure on every mod on the vehicle clear back to the first owner. It has the costs for everything done, and how to fix it or who you can call for information on anything. Still even have the original window sticker.
If you went through the receipts I bet it would add up to the asking price of the vehicle itself.

As I said, I do not need to sell it. I am asking $14,500. I am not really interested in trades but you can send offers if you like. Tundra/duramax/Silverado SS is about all.

Some of the modifications are:
  • Clear 3m Bra on front portion of hood and mirror to prevent rock chips
  • Tint on all windows except windshield, unsure of actual percentage but doesn't affect night driving.
  • OME 886 HD front and rear coils and HD shocks. Gives about 3" of lift
  • Light Racing Adjustable UCAs
  • All Pro FJ Ultimate links
  • 285/75/17 Tires (5 of them) on stock rims
  • Sierra 4.88 gearing
  • Shrockworks front bumper -- powder coated
  • Custom build rear swing out bumper with tire and high lift carrier -- powder coated
  • KC day lighter driving lights
  • PIAA fog lamps hard wired into stock fog light switch.
  • Blinkers wired into bumper
  • Rear ARB air locker, works great, I haven't actually ever needed it off road, but I test it to ensure everything is in working order on occasion.
  • ARB compressor mounted under the hood. Used to power rear locker or fill tires when on the trail.
  • Full under carriage skid plates from front skid to muffler.
  • Rock sliders -- could use a paint touch up. Previous owner used poor paint on them that didn't survive the winter.
  • The rear has awesome cargo storage drawers for storing tools as well as parts for the compressor.
  • Upgraded Alpine stereo -- head unit, 6.5" Type R speakers, and 8" sub-woofer in stock location with 50W 5-channel amp
  • Dual batter set up -- switch in cab to switch between batteries
  • " LED bar above windshield

Just plastidipped the wheels and badges and took her for a roadtrip to Denver. Drove great the whole way and got 17mpg.

http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/m...ads/20160811_192903_zps7b7fkrpz.jpg.html?o=36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12