2004 Disco bumpers

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
A buddy at work got hit in his '04 Disco the other day, ruining the rear bumper.
It sounds like he will be getting north of 2k for repairs.

He is thinking of getting the body work only done and adding a nice, basic rear bumper and an ARB type bumper up front.

What is out there for these?

Thanks,
Dave

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
MoGas said:
That's the only company that manufactures for the '04 Disco?
ARB definitely makes front bars, don't think they make a rear for the Disco. I know you're asking about more, but I have no idea. I was a little confused and thought he meant that was the only option.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
MoGas said:
That's the only company that manufactures for the '04 Disco?

You didn't know that? :rolleyes:

There are a few more companies out there and I think I got you covered on them. I hope your buddy finds what's right for him.

:punk03:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja

michaels

Explorer
rovertym has the only rear bumper worth anything, unless of course you choose the greg davis rear bumper. all the other ones just don't look right. the rovertym is beautifully designed and engineered.

the front is really up to preference and the "blade" look. ARB makes a good looking bumper on OTHER vehicles, but just didn't do justice for the DII. it sticks out too far, hangs too low, and bends under heavy pulling or winching. i've seen this first hand.

rovertym has a great bumper, and high country's looks promising with the full bull-bar, but i'd still stick with rovertym. personal preference. choose what you want though.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
roxtarfab.com

Brad's a great guy and sells a great product. I like the look of his rear bumpers personally.

Rovertym, whilst being a great bumper just doesnt do it for me, too stock looking, at least from what I've seen.

It's all about what you or he likes, everyone is biased on the internet

michaels

Explorer
superpowerdave said:
No broad generalizations here.

what do you mean dave? if he can't build his own bumper, then honestly, rovertym is a great choice. high country's doesn't do justice to the angle of the rear quarter panel, ARB doens't make one for DIIs, and TREK, etc.. don't do much to the departure.

i'm not end-all,be-all rovertym, but it IS beautifully engineered.

the front however, is a different story. it just depends on the look you want, and the performance you're after. thick or slim. boxed or skin. etc, etc..i like your front bumper, and roxtar's tube. i'm just not into tube.

matt, how does the rovertym look stock? do you mean ARB?

EDIT: i see you mean the rear. the guy sounds like he wants it relatively stock looking. if you want an ARB front, usually you would want something that matches well. i'd say rovertym does a good job of that.

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
Personally I like the Greg Davis bumper the best for DIIs. If I had an 04 I would do RTE front with old style brushguard and a Greg Davis Rear.

michaels

Explorer
timmy!!!!!!! said:
Personally I like the Greg Davis bumper the best for DIIs. If I had an 04 I would do RTE front with old style brushguard and a Greg Davis Rear.

in other words, you want my truck.:wavey:

i'm doing a GD style rear bumper. i don't want to shell out tons of cash for something i can build myself. i have the metal, i just need to find the time to build it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger