2004 Ford E350 passenger Quigley with penthouse value?

dleeallen

Adventurer
Hi All,
Curious your thoughts on value for a 2004 E350 XLT RB with Quigley 4x4 and SMB penthouse. 5.4 V8 gasser 100k miles. No interior build really essentially just a passenger van someone pulled the benches out and added a bed platform. 2 Benches come with it but the shoulder belts and some rear interior trim around the a/c fan look to be missing. It's a New England van all it's life but it looks pretty rust free on the body with moderate surface on the frame. $20k seem like a reasonable price? I feel like it probably is pretty close.

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Hi All,
Curious your thoughts on value for a 2004 E350 XLT RB with Quigley 4x4 and SMB penthouse. No interior build really essentially just a passenger van someone pulled the benches out and added a bed platform. 2 Benches come with it but the shoulder belts and some rear interior trim around the a/c fan look to be missing. It's a New England van all it's life but it looks pretty rust free on the body with moderate surface on the frame. $20k seem like a reasonable price? I feel like it probably is pretty close.

What motor? What mileage?

dleeallen

Adventurer
Whoops, that would be good info! 5.4 V8 gasser 100k miles.

Pic of the frame. Not terrible rust but definitely seen some road salt.

van.jpg

van1.jpg

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Whoops, that would be good info! 5.4 V8 gasser 100k miles.

Pic of the frame. Not terrible rust but definitely seen some road salt.

View attachment 355054

View attachment 355055

Good looking van. I'm not sure that the V8 gasser is the most popular motor, but $20k might be a good starting point. I was going to say $17k based on what I see on craigslist/fleabay - but so much depends on how persistent you are with the marketing and how patient you are.

dleeallen

Adventurer
Cool. Thanks for the gut check. I thought it was in the right ballpark but wanted a second opinion or two! We'll see what happens...

SDDiver5 - I was thinking the same thing but I doubt they'll go for it! I'm going to try though...

Corneilius

Adventurer
With that much rust in 1 photo Id look extensively at the undercarriage. Make sure to check around the steering box, rockers, spare tire crossmember. Its too rusty for me....That 5.4 will run forever though, great motor.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yea I'd like to see more pics of the rust. From what I see I would stay far away from this van.

dleeallen

Adventurer
This one isn't going to work out for me for various reasons, but I agree that rust is concerning - especially at what seems to be full market price. Would be one thing if it was a great price but this seems to be more of a fair price than a great deal. I would definitely want to inspect it pretty closely. Supposedly been through the shop at the Ford dealer that's selling it and "it's in great shape"

It's the biggest problem with New England cars. It used to be bad, but now that we are using the salt brine it's gotten even worse. It really sucks for anyone that cares about their vehicle at all. And washing and undercoating don't seem to make that much of a difference. The brine gets in every nook and cranny!

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Rust...
Run far from that van.
I clean rusty vehicles frequently and it's never easy to kill all of it, it damages the metal and just looks like crap.

Then when a mechanic has to do work it's twice as hard because of seized nuts/ bolts...etc.

goneagain

Observer
I like how they obviously wiped the shocks down with solvent to appear new. Dealers are turd polishing professionals. If you want a solid vehicle at a good price, buy private party. a dealer will screw you every time, unless you are buying a new toyota :)

dleeallen

Adventurer
I wonder how the dealer got it so cheap. They must have only given $15k for it, maybe less. So why would someone take that little for it unless something is wrong with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
From my previous job experience, used cars usually have an avg mark up of $4k. As with everything larger the asking price, larger the profit (aka mark up).
For truly the best way to purchase a used (anything, in this case) a vehicle, is from the first owner who has a stack of paperwork, receipts and a love for the item being sold.
Anything less is pretty much a gamble.
Insert : warranty, price matching, free ******** and any other wording to get you away from the original owner so the business can make rather large profits from uneducated sellers and buyers of used vehicles.

My point is that van probably can't truly pass a safety inspection but because the dealer can polish the turd pretty good, make enough money from sales they most likely are a state inspection center....
Now I'm not accusing this place of anything but I think you might get my point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78