2004 Gx470 weekend build

PhatGX

So just to give a little background, I had a 2007 FJ Cruiser that I built, Lifted, locked from and rear ARB's, geared (488), and set up to run 35's very nicely. gained a lot of good experience and had a great time building. Earlier this year we picked up a new to us 2004 GX470 with full intentions of building into a fully capable off road and overland vehicle. This weekend I started with the lift. I have had great results with the ToyTec product and the support is GREAT. I like to do the work myself and time permitting it's a great experience. I searched the forums, builds and settled on the ToyTed Boss 2.5 kit with the HD coil springs in the back and Total Chaos UCA's. I also added to the kit rear lower control arms. One of the things I had trouble finding on the forums was the mod's to the electrical system so I would not get any trouble lights on the dash. come to fin out, it is quite simple. just pull the 50 amp compressor fuse under the hood and the 20 amp TEMS fuse under the dash. worked out fine as I did not have any warning lights. I also did not go for any of the rear spring install kits, I just bought a couple Harbor Freight caster wheels 5" for the upper and 4" for the lower mounts. These worked out great and the price was right, about $40.00 for everything.. Hope this helps anyone else thinking about installing a lift on their GX470. Really to be honest, removing the old equipment - pump, airbags and e-shocks was the biggest pain. Oh speaking of the stock e-shocks, the rear were no problem. The front however were a total PITA, you have to be very patient and use a 4m allen to remove the shock control unit before you can remove the nut capturing the top of the shock.. Here are the pics of the equipment installed. By the way I have also ordered 255/80/17 cooper ST Maxx's of the rig, I will post pic's after I get them installed this coming week..

Cheers, Phat

20151011_115529(0)_resized.jpg

Gx suspension 3.jpg

Gx suspension 4.jpg

Gx suspension 6.jpg

Gx suspension 7.jpeg

Gx suspension.jpg

PhatGX

Update

Sorry for the LONG delay in updating this thread! I got a lot done and more on the way (thank you weather). Here are some pic's of latest accomplishments.
I don't know how to edit between pic's so I will just say, first a shot with the new tires and wheels, Cooper ST-Maxx 255/80/17, Level-8 Wheels with -10 offset, a shot down the side. Metal Tech sliders painted with flat black industrial paint. Rhino rack Pioneer Elevation with Foxwing awning. I could not find a hidden winch mount, so I made my own. The Warn 9.5Ti winch I had on another rig fit just perfectly. I then installed my ICOM ic-7000 base in back with head unit mounted on a Ram mount. Next up will be the installation of on board ARB air, LED lighting and hopefully shelving and fridg mount. I will try and do a write up on the winch mount if people want, I think it turned out really nice.

Hopefully I will be back sooner.. Thanks, Phat :)

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 78
  • aimage3.JPG
    aimage3.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 70
  • aimage4.JPG
    aimage4.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 78
  • aimage5.JPG
    aimage5.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 73
  • aimage6.JPG
    aimage6.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 77
  • bimage5.JPG
    bimage5.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 72
  • bimage1.JPG
    bimage1.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 70
  • aimage7.JPG
    aimage7.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 80
  • bimage3.JPG
    bimage3.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 72

DenverWoody

Fuse Question

Could you possibly post pictures of the 20 amp TEMS fuse and the 50 amp compressor fuse under the hood? Want to make sure I don't pull the wrong fuse on my daily driver.

DenverWoody

NVM

Got bored, went outside, popped hood, pulled red compressor relay, opened driver side door, pulled fuse panel, pulled 20 amp TEMS fuse, inserted key, no more blinking lights. Thanks.

Could you possibly post pictures of the 20 amp TEMS fuse and the 50 amp compressor fuse under the hood? Want to make sure I don't pull the wrong fuse on my daily driver.

Kfog

Id be interested in a write up on the winch mount. Is the clutch lever accessible to free spool? Rig looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle