2004 Tacoma

JJackson

Explorer
For Sale 2004 Tacoma ext cab SR5 TRD one owner who though he would never sell it located in Flagstaff AZ. Under 87000 miles on 3.4L V6 with automatic transmision. Has factory tow package and hood protector. Icon extended travel coil overs, Total Chaos upper A-arms. Rear is Alcan springs about 200lbs heavier than stock with poly bushings (have greaseable hardware new in box) and Icon remote reservoir shocks. 255x85’s (33’s) Maxxis big horns including spare under bed (cut rear ears off of spare mount). Tires are on stock painted rims and do rub a little a full lock, has not been a problem. Has sprayed in LineX with Kevlar over the rails. Has an aluminum toolbox that is in ok conditions, and a set of toolbox to tailgate drawers, and a lock on the tailgate. Driver’s seat has some wear, as does the center console. Has a Uniden 520 mounted in the ashtray location with a magnet base Wilson Antennae with removable mast on roof, and an external speaker in the cab, works real well. Heavy-duty rubber molded floor mats colored gray to match interior and chrome sill plate protectors. Demello rock sliders ,Budd Built front skid plate and E-locker armor (RORE?) . Polyurethane bushings on the steering rack. Sears Platinum battery (Odyssey) battery, K&N filter, and air box mod under the hood. Has the grey wire mod and pinch weld mod as well.

As far as service, it was all done by the dealer up until the warranty ran out, this included a set of lower ball joints on recall. The dealer once replaced the transmission seal as it was leaking. Oil has always been Mobile-1 Syn since about 10,000 miles and is changed no later than 5000 miles with Toyota or Napa gold filters. I took over the services after the warranty experied. I had replaced one outer tie-rod end the driver’s side back in 06. I have replaces both diffs and t-case with Mobil-1 synthetic gear oil. Replaced the fuel filter, plugs, and PCV valve. Transmission has been drained and filled twice since I have serviced it (once by dealer as well). I did strip the drain plug so it does have a larger than stock one, as I did this I was fortunate to remove the pan that had been sealed with gasket sealer by the dealer, now replaced with a proper gasket and replaced the transmission “filter” at that time as well. Front pads have been replaced once, and I have a Toyota set new in the box.

The truck does have AZ pin stripping and small paint chips as can be expected for a truck that has been on some mild to medium trails. The front fender on the driver’s side has a small chip that I had touched up years ago. The rocker below the drive’s door has a dent in it from a rock before I added sliders and does not stand out behind them. The bedside on the driver’s side has two gouges in it around the TRD sticker from a slip on some wet rocks. The tailgate has a couple of dent/holes in it from a flying hi-lift jack (great moment of stupidity with minor consequences) I was going to mount the plate and lights here after installing a customer bumper that I was saving for. Dome light seems to kill bulbs every once in a while. One of the headrests had internal problems and was on my list of things to replace and the headrest lock on the driver’s side seat flew out one night. Due to mileage it will need the timing belt replaced and associated parts, I intended to do this in the next few months. That is all I can honestly think of. The only reason I am selling is that I need a larger truck that can handle towing duties and I do not want to kill trans or a bus full of nuns and orphans trying to do so with the Taco. I am asking 12,800$ negotiable.

Pics: http://rides.webshots.com/album/579066816eBHVKp?vhost=rides

I have not had a chance to clean it in the last few weeks as it has had daily use for work (crew tried to fit a rock much larger than the wheel well space above the wheel on work truck an succeeded) and was out cutting wood yesterday and snowing today, will post more pictures in a few days.

Contact by PM, Email or by calling Nine2Eight-6oh7-6 nine zero 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78