2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD - Built Out - OBA, RTT, ARB, LOL, OME, etc

asa

I’ve decided to sell my beloved and borderline-immaculate 2004 Tacoma. The last year of the first generation, the rarest configuration (TRD Double Cab), Colorado truck it’s entire life, and garaged for all but 16 months. I’m selling to move to a full size truck. ALL modifications were done during the winter of 2020/2021. It’s great condition inside and out, you’d be hard pressed to find a cleaner first gen. Meticulous maintenance. I moved from Colorado to Kentucky about 4 weeks ago and the truck is with me here, garaged. Happy to deliver anywhere on the North American highway system for the cost of gas.

More Pictures here:

Truck:

• 2004 Tacoma, Double Cab Short Bed (DCSB)
  • 3.4L V6, Automatic
  • TRD Off-Road Package (Rear diff lock)
  • 207,000 miles
  • No rust (Thanks, Colorado!)
  • Old Man Emu 3” Lift
  • OME Dakar leaf springs + extra leaf
  • Lightspeed Upper Control Arms
  • OME Greasable shackles
  • 265/75R17 Cooper Discoverer AT3 (5,000 miles on them) with full size spare
  • Stock wheels with black plastidip. Starting to peel at edge, I'd be happy to peel off the dip for you if you prefer silver.
  • Leer topper, all 3 windows open/lock
  • Roofnest Falcon RTT
  • Custom designed (I’m an aerospace engineer) aluminum support rack for RTT. I do not trust fiberglass to hold the weight of an RTT so I designed and built this to be lightweight and stiff. Cross braced with tension stainless cables to eliminate loads that would otherwise want to spread the bed sides. 8020 extrusion plus custom lasered brackets. Designed to quickly release RTT. Pretty slickkkk.
  • ARB front bumper
  • ARB compressor hard mounted in engine bay for onboard air.
  • Separate coolant loop for transmission. Installed extra trans cooler and disconnected from main radiator. This eliminates all possibility of the common “pink milkshake” failure mode.
  • Seat covers on front seat have been on since the truck was new. I imagine the seats underneath are pristine.
  • Stock radio/entertainment because I am not a neaderthal – putting head units in these trucks is pure blasphemy. Everything works. Will include the Alice in Chains CD that was in the player when I bought the truck. It’s only right.
  • All scheduled maintenance up to date, next set is due at 230k (see pic of my table).
  • All maintenance records for lifetime of truck
  • Most recent work: new windshield 2022, CV axle 2022, tires 2022.
  • Clean Colorado Title
$23,456.78

I'm open to keeping the RTT for a lower price. Also willing to trade towards a 4th or 5th gen ram 2500.

Feel free to email me directly - asa.darnell@gmail.com or even call/text! 576-0742. Look up area code for Glasgow, Kentucky.

IMG_2182.JPEG

IMG_2183.JPEG

IMG_2186.JPEG

IMG_2203.JPEG

IMG_2208.JPEG

IMG_2210.JPEG
IMG_2194.JPEG
IMG_2204.JPEG

IMG_1395.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

Last edited:

beerhiker

Adventurer
Hello Asa! I cannot believe you would offer up my valued Alice in Chains CD to the next owner! in a nutshell anyone who may be interested I can vouch for the past history of this Tacoma, I owned for most of the first 180K miles and kept it in immaculate condition, lots of additions but the them bones are the same. GLWS

asa

You think I could keep the Alice in Chains CD? That would be messed up.

Thanks for chiming in! It's been an awesome truck. Have a few Boulder friends who are interested in it as well so it may stay local.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12