2004 Z71 Suburban 2.0

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Mine was pretty level with a combination of lift keys up front and brand new Z71 Springs in the back to replace the worn out LT springs. The Z71 springs are about 3" taller than the LT springs they replaced, also slightly thicker. Here's the side x side comparison:
2016_0924_144612AA.JPG

bald.eagle

Observer
I went with the torsion keys and 2" spacers on my 02 4wd LT. The torsion keys put it "level" but then the appearance was more of a rear sag. I installed the 2" spacers and got around 3" from the torsion keys.

I'd like to install new springs to replace the saggy springs and spacer combo, but I don't want to end up losing height in the rear. Anyone taken before/after measurements with just the Z71 springs out back? I guess it can vary per truck, my Sub has pretty lousy rear springs that REALLY sag under a load.

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Well I don't think you'll be losing any height if you replace the springs and might gain quite a bit. Especially if you opt for one of the bigger / taller options like putting in Z71 or H2 rear springs.

--

As an aside as I mentioned earlier in this thread, my transmission cooler is in and working well. I'm getting 140F trans temps in easy cruising driving, vs 165F. And at ambient temps below 60F, I'm getting trans temps that track about 40F above ambient, even when the engine is at full operating temp. Was in the local mountains a couple weeks ago, ambient around 50F and engine coolant temp was !98F, trans was 100F.
The in-tank cooler is still in the loop, my added cooler comes after it.
I still have some better hose connections to make, but it's working just as intended right now, as far as I'm concerned. Money well spent. Next weekend I'll be hauling around a 6x12 open trailer with a ton or so of bagged concrete and wall blocks. I'm interested to see how it feels and reads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior