2005 4X4 Toyota Tundra Motorhome for Sale, Only 13k miles. $58k OBO (Las Vegas, NV)

Hi, I am selling my 2005 Toyota Tundra Motorhome. It currently has less than 14k miles on it (not a typo). It has factory 4WD and has the 4.7L V8. This Truck was made in the US and then shipped to Japan where it was converted into a mini-motorhome. It was a single cab long-bed Tundra and the conversion only added about a foot to the overall length, which is 19’4” now in total length. Very nimble to drive and can park in most standard parking spots. Bench seat in cab seats 3 and rear dinette seats 4 and includes seat belts for all 4. Has a Viewtec backup camera monitor that can be left on while driving so you can always see behind you.

The full motorhome conversion included a queen size bed over the cab that also includes an extension piece that makes it close to king size. I’m 6’ and can sleep fully stretched out across the bed or sleep long ways with the extension in place (we removed the extension since there was enough room for the two of us). Can sleep 3 adults easily or possibly 2 adults and 2 small kids / dogs. At 6’, I can also walk around the entire living area without hitting my head on anything (about 6’2” headroom). There is a full kitchen with induction cooktop, sink, microwave and 12 volt 56L fridge. Has separate shower / toilet area. Toilet is a Thetford cassette toilet that can be easily dumped in any restroom. Fresh water tank is 13.5 gallons and grey water tank is 18.5 gallons. Motorhome was set up to be fully electric. We did however remove the electric water heater (it consumed too much battery) and replace with a tankless water heater that runs from a 5 gallon propane tank.

Great for cold weather camping, there are 3 heating options for the living area, including a Webasto gas heater that runs from a fuel line connection to the main fuel tank which is a 26.4 gallon fuel tank. There is a rooftop Dometic A/C / Heater as well as a Denso heater that heats the living area while driving using the same type of system that heats the cab while driving (we have never seen this in a motorhome before and is very convenient).

Since we imported this end of last year, we have added / updated the following:
  • Added 2 Renogy 200 watt solar panels to give a total of 400 watts of solar
  • Added 3 100ah lithium batteries to give a total of 300ah of battery
  • Added a Renogy 30amp MPPT Charge controller
  • Added a Renogy One-Core monitor system that also has a handy leveling feature
  • Added a Renogy 40amp DC to DC battery charger that charges the house batteries while driving
  • Added a 2000 watt Renogy invertor wired to standard 120 volt plugs to power whatever 120 volt appliances are needed
  • Added a built in lithium battery charger for when connected to shore power.
  • Removed the electric tank water heater and replaced with a tankless / ventless gas water heater
  • Replaced the 4 tires with 10 ply heavy duty Falcon WildPeak AT’s (265/70/17)
  • Put on 4 Method wheels in black
  • Installed new stereo system with Apple Car Play / Android Auto. There are speakers in the living area too.
  • Tinted the front cab windows for better privacy and sun protection
  • Put in a longer shower hose with adjustable water flow shower head that includes an on / off lever. The longer shower hose allows you to rinse off outside too since there is a door in the shower stall that opens to the outside.
Mechanically, the truck is in incredible running condition with only 13k miles. My mechanic went over the vehicle thoroughly and only recommended a few things. I changed the oil and filter since I didn’t know when it was last done and my mechanic went over the truck and replaced some parts, including the lower control arms, ball joints and replaced the rear shocks with Rancho shocks. As part of an outstanding recall, Toyota replaced the front bushings and did the airbag recall. The front rotors and brakes were replaced with PowerStop Extreme Duty drilled and slotted rotors and carbon-fiber ceramic brake pads.

Reason for selling: My wife and I are planning an extended trip through Central and South America. While this motorhome is small for American standards, we (translation I) decided something smaller still would be sufficient for just the two of us. After owning several American RV’s and travel trailers over the years, we thought this one would be lacking in storage, but after a couple of trips in it, we weren’t even using half the storage space.

This motorhome is very unusual here and turns a lot of heads. I can’t even find one on google searches. I’ve had so many people ask me if that’s my “Yota” parked out there. This would be a great rig for someone looking for a smaller easy to drive motorhome that can handle some off road adventures and snow driving and provide a more spacious interior than a van style rig. With less than 14k miles, this vehicle will run for many years to come.
Main photo.jpg
Birds Eye of interior 3.jpg
Engine.jpg
Passenger side pic on hill.jpg
Drivers Side Pic.jpg
Bed area without extension.jpg
Bathroom toilet and shower area.jpg
Back of MH.jpg
Dash Display.jpg
Dinette.jpg
The vehicle is kept in covered storage in Las Vegas, NV a few minutes from the international airport.

Feel free to call or text me at 626-664-719five. My name is Steve

mowgli1313

This thing is beyond rad! Unique rig for sure, but may be just what I'm looking for. Some pics of the cockpit would be appreciated. 13.5gal of fresh water seems small for an extended trip, is there any space for additional water storage on the rig if the future owner wanted to add some? Thanks!

Is it a full size pass through with the bench seat or a smaller opening? Have a pic?
I'll take a pic of the bench seat, but my wife and I were both able to easily pass through back and forth without even moving the bunk piece that opens it up even more. The dinette seat slides forward on tracks so it can be moved forward to create a big space for climbing through.

This thing is beyond rad! Unique rig for sure, but may be just what I'm looking for. Some pics of the cockpit would be appreciated. 13.5gal of fresh water seems small for an extended trip, is there any space for additional water storage on the rig if the future owner wanted to add some? Thanks!
I'll take pics of the cockpit when I go to the storage facility next. Yes, there is more room for water tank storage. I removed the 10 gallon tank water heater that sat on a shelf just above the 13.5 gallon tank so a separate tank could be installed that gravity feeds the existing one. There is also a hitch rack that has 3 hitch receivers welded in that would allow for a lot of extra water and supplies to ride on the back.

Genshammer

Just an FYI to anyone thinking about buying this (or to the person buying it), it doesn't appear this rig has a full-floating rear axle. Pretty sure this setup is way over GVWR (unless the frame underwent extensive modification before the camper body was put on it, but seller has not specified such in the listing), but considering it appears the rear axle is still a semi-float, my guess is the frame was not reinforced. If that rig has a semi-float rear axle, with all that camper body weight, this is a serious liability. Tundra was a 3/4 ton truck, and if that body is even approaching 1/2 ton, by the time it's loaded with gear and people, it's over the GVWR. The reason why Gardner Pacific (builder of the Toyota Sunrader RV) went out of business was because they put semi-float rear axles on their early models, leading to catastrophic failure on the freeway and lawsuits that killed the company. The later years of Sunrader they fixed the issue and put a proper 1-ton rated full-float rear axle, but it was a case of too little too late. Whoever buys this...my recommendation would be to put a full-float axle under the rear and make sure the frame is properly boxed/braced for this kind of weight. Tundra was not designed from the factory to be anything more than a light duty pickup truck. Otherwise, super rad build! Reminds me of my own 1990 Toyota Sunrader 4x4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior